As an Exploitation Engineer for the Deep Basin, you will have the opportunity to be a key player in a dynamic team of professionals focused on maximizing the value of our vast assets in the WCSB. Working with a multi-disciplinary, geographic area team of production, exploration, land negotiator and other company professionals, you will use your proven reservoir and exploitation engineering experience to provide technical and economic analysis. Working closely with office and field staff, you will be required to drive and support the team by evaluating, recommending and implementing development strategies aligned with the corporate targets.
- Responsible for overall depletion strategy of the assigned asset area including: providing the technical recommendations & economic evaluation for completions, recompletions, re-drills and new locations, delineating and updating field development plan strategies in conventional and un-conventional play type formations such as Montney, Dunvegan Wilrich etc.
- Analyzing area competitor activity to benchmark best practices for optimal field development
- Calculate, maintain and ensure the accuracy and integrity of the corporate reserves including addressing any potential situations of competitive drainage
- Evaluate potential acquisitions and divestitures in your geographic area
- Maintain and update monthly and annual production forecasts and provide input into budget and 10 year plans
- Ensure relevant regulatory and environmental requirements are included in the depletion and development plans for the asset
- Provide effective regular project updates and technical evaluation reports for senior management
- Job location: Calgary, Alberta
- Shift schedule: 5×2 – Monday to Friday, 8-hour shifts
- This is a safety sensitive position
- Competitive salary, stock options, stock savings plan and benefits
Skills & Qualifications:
- 7+ years of exploitation engineering experience with Bachelor of Engineering and registration or eligibility for registration with APEGA
- Proficiency with: reservoir performance evaluations, economic analysis and evaluations, project management, scheduling, budgeting and reporting
- Software experience with: MS Excel, Mosaic Harmony Reservoir and Forecast, Verdazo, Accumap and Enersight
- Familiarity with analytics visualization using Tableau and/or Power BI
Why Canadian Natural?
CANADIAN NATURAL is a senior independent crude oil and natural gas exploration, development and production company based in Calgary, Alberta, Canada. Our strong, diversified asset base is comprised of a balanced portfolio of light, synthetic, and heavy crude oil and natural gas. Canadian Natural operates in Canada, the United Kingdom and Offshore Africa.
At Canadian Natural, we strive to live through our mission statement: “To develop people to work together to create value for the Company’s shareholders by doing it right with fun and integrity.” We are committed to a long-term presence in the communities where we operate. Our activities create value by providing employment, business development opportunities, revenues to governments that contribute to spending on goods and services, and essential resources for public services, including health, safety, education and training.
Over the last 30 years, we have grown from a Company with nine employees to over 10,000 employees. We have increased our production from approximately 400 BOE/d in 1989 to more than one million BOE/d today.
Safety is a core value at Canadian Natural. We conduct all of our operations in a way that identifies, minimizes and mitigates harm to the health and safety of employees, contractors, the public and the environment.
Canadian Natural Resources Ltd – “Canadian Natural” – is a publicly traded company on the TSX and NYSE as CNQ.
Application deadline is October 11, 2021. Apply now!
To apply for this job please visit cnrl.taleo.net.