- Vacancy information
Job Title: Level 2 Fabrication Engineer
Reports to: Construction Manager
Location: Houston Based with Occasional Site Travel
Description of Role
The Fabrication Engineer is responsible for delivery of fabrication packages through all aspects of the project life cycle including supporting delivery of the sub components needed for fabrication such as forgings, bends, valves etc..
Within the Project, the Fabrication Engineer is the point of contact for fabrication issues, both internal and external with our clients and subcontractors.
All personnel are expected to contribute to creating a positive HSEQ culture within Subsea 7 and ensure familiarity with and adherence to local HSEQ codes and practices. All personnel are expected to provide leadership in code of Ethics and compliance with FCPA and Bribery and Corruption Acts.
All personnel are also expected to contribute to creating a culture of ethics and integrity within Subsea 7 and ensure familiarity with and adherence to our Code of Conduct.
- Promote HSSE (Health, Safety, Security & Environment) aspects during the preparation, the execution of the fabrication, the testing, the load-out and sea-fastening activities
- Knowledge of and ensure subcontractor compliance with Company specifications
- Support during Design Engineering phase (including review fabrications drawings) to ensure constructability of equipment to be fabricated.
- Plan, prepare and deliver Fabrication Specifications and FAT Specifications
- Prepare and issue scopes of work as needed in support of projects and tenders
- Technical bid evaluation for compliance with specifications and design
- Follow welding & Non Destructive Tests (NDT) qualification process: qualification of welding & NDT procedures, qualification of Yard operators
- Prepare & attend pre-production meeting
- Ensure that the Technical Queries (TQ) are properly issued and answered by Company and the subcontractor
- Participate in the resolution of the Non-Conformance Reports (NCR) with the site team and engineering team
- Manage interfaces with fabrication Yard or fabrication supplier during all the course of the project
- Follow-up and witness fabrication of items
- Follow the FAT and Site Integration Tests (SIT)
- Responsible for fabrication planning
- Assist the fabrication Manager
- Ensure As-built and sail away dossier are consolidated (in agreement with QC)
- Prepare fabrication completion report & lessons learned at the end of the project
- Engineering Degree or equivalent qualification is preferred but not required.
- Knowledge in welding, fabrication, inspections, design or installation of structures, drafting.
- Capability to interface with personnel both internal or external to the project
- Ability to motivate other members of project team to deliver project commitments
- Ability to work both in office and on Yard with workers teams
- Fluent in English
- Majority of the work is carried out in the Houston office site with occasional travel during execution of fabrication packages
To apply for this job please visit careers.subsea7.com.