Occidental is an international energy company with assets primarily in the United States, Middle East and North Africa. We are one of the largest oil producers in the U.S., including a leading producer in the Permian and DJ basins, and offshore Gulf of Mexico. Our midstream and marketing segment provides flow assurance and maximizes the value of our oil and gas. Our chemical subsidiary OxyChem manufactures the building blocks for life-enhancing products. Our Oxy Low Carbon Ventures subsidiary is advancing leading-edge technologies and business solutions that economically grow our business while reducing emissions. We are committed to using our global leadership in carbon management to advance a lower-carbon world. Visit oxy.com for more information.
Our greatest asset has been, and will continue to be, our people. We are looking for an experienced and motivated individual to fill the position of Facilities Engineer in our US Onshore Resources & Carbon Management (ORCM), based in Houston, TX.
The Facilities Engineer will be accountable for successful development and execution of projects to support the efficient production for oil, water and gas under the general direction of the Facilities and Construction Team Lead.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Accountable for project execution from inception to completion
- Manage and Coordinate project approval, engineering design, procurement, construction, budget and be on site for commissioning/startup
- Solicit project requirements from stakeholders and develop project basis of design to meet requirements
- Develop the facilities materials and design that best support the Asset team including timely reviews with stakeholders
- Manage external and internal stakeholders as needed
- Request assistance from, and provide information to support groups (Electrical/Automation/IT) to implement entire project design
- Support development of facilities standards that would benefit the entire organization
- Support and maintain Facilities performance reporting and facilities Project KPIs
- Effectively communicates project tracking and reporting as needed by Asset team
- Performs Project Cost Management
- Manage contract engineering services
- Provide HES leadership
BS in Chemical, Mechanical, Electrical, or Civil Engineering
- Involvement with professional Organizations (AIChe, GPSA etc)
- Familiar and Knowledgeable in Industry standards (ASME, API, PIP)
Professional / Technical Qualifications/Licences/Certifications:
Project Management Professional (PMP)
- A minimum of 5+ years of Surface Facility Engineering experience.
- Experience designing primary upstream process facilities, pipelines and SWDs
- Experience with managing engineering contractors & contracts
- Familiar with Upstream oil and gas facility operation and maintenance
- Familiar with Midstream gas plant operation and maintenance
- Familiar with surface regulatory, environmental and land permits and regulations
Skills & Competencies:
- Able to plan and execute engineering projects independently; Requires some supervision and review of some assignments.
- Able to communicate effectively and clearly to drive action and/or result
- Extensive knowledge of MOCs, HAZOPs and PSSR/commissioning process
- Expertise in project management principles especially project cost management, time management, scope management and procurement management
- Extensive knowledge of process facilities, pipelines, rotating equipment, surface equipment design and operation
- Applicable knowledge of automation and electrical design principles
- Knowledge of SFRM principles
- Working knowledge of one geographic area/reservoir/artificial lift mechanism.
- Understands and demonstrates sound working knowledge of basic technical principles, and can apply them to solve routine problems.
- Prepares logical, technically supported memos, recommendations and reports.
- Works with fellow asset or project team members to provide technical solutions. Understands local and corporate management goals and business objectives and incorporates the same into problem solving process.
- Able to apply advanced methods to solve routine problems; awareness of at least one other discipline (reservoir, completions, drilling, production)
- Proactive in identifying risk and seeks assistance from local experts on technical matters
- Willing to broaden knowledge and understanding of industry financial drivers
- Can prepare and deliver logical, well-supported presentations to peers and management
- Active in sharing best practices within the company (e.g. Lunch n’ Learns, networks, internal technical forums)
- Basic Understanding of economic principles and methods of cost analysis/tracking
- Possesses a collaborative nature and actively participates in teams; actively seeks continuous improvement by identifying and implementing best practices and procedures
Occidental is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, political preference, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status
– United States-Texas-Houston
To apply for this job please visit oxy.taleo.net.