Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
For more information on Equal Employment Opportunity, please follow these links:
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Provision
At Devon, we will offer you a career full of energy and unmatched opportunities to solve today’s greatest challenges. Innovation, creative problem-solving and positive change happen when people step out of their comfort zone and think differently. Our values, workplace practices, wellness programs, benefits and compensation are aimed at helping employees manage their unique personal life and care for their families so they can focus on contributing to the fullest.
The Facilities Engineer provides design, implementation and management for moderately complex oil, gas, and water surface facilities and pipelines. Works with a broad group of facilities engineers, production staff, and EHS staff.
Bachelor’s degree in Engineering
Requires a minimum of five years of experience as a Facilities Engineer and related experience in production, plant, pipeline & facility design, construction and operations.
• Develop designs and drawings for area specific production facilities to assure compliance with government regulations (local, state/province, federal, etc.) and maximum flow efficiency and hydrocarbon recovery
• Evaluate compression and pipeline design, capacity, and performance.
• Communicate best practices on facilities throughout the business unit and company
• Troubleshoot mechanical failure of production equipment
• Work in conjunction with safety, environmental and field operations personnel to optimize well site safety and environmental performance
• Participate in Pre-Startup reviews for new facilities
• Evaluate and coordinate MOC’s to facilitate safe, efficient, and compliant changes throughout the field.
• Good understanding of industry standards such as API 520/521, API 2000, API 12F, ASME B-31.3/31.8
• Use modeling software such as HYSYS and PROMAX
• Design and develop detailed cost estimates and construction timing for facilities. Serve as the project manager on construction of the facilities while working in conjunction with Devon field staff
• In conjunction with EHS, evaluate, design and modify controls to abate air emissions and maximize hydrocarbon recoveries with improved efficiencies
• Possess the commitment to stop work if an unsafe condition exists
• Upstream oil and gas industry experience preferred
• Practice safe work habits at all times
• Demonstrate commitment to Devon Values
• Knowledge in state/province and federal regulatory laws and regulations
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Creative individual, capable of analyzing and solving problems.
• Able to work independently
• Strong interpersonal skills with ability to effectively work within a multi disciplinary team to achieve project related goals
• Efficient time management and the ability to concurrently handle multiple projects
• Intermediate Level computer skills
• Ability to travel to field locations
Devon Energy is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunity, including providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with a disability. Applicants with a physical or mental disability who require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process may contact the Devon Talent Acquisition Team at Diversity@dvn.com.
To apply for this job please visit careers.devonenergy.com.