Are you looking for an opportunity to develop your understanding on changes and updates in Accounting standards & Group Policies (Group Financial Reporting Manual), and its impact on Group & Statutory financial reporting and closing activities?
If you are driven by passion to work with the team and enhance business knowledge and keep updated on business change(s), this is a role that will help you achieving them through closing activities & financial analysis; and frequent discussion & collaboration with corporate / business finance.
If yes, then this Finance Operational Excellence Lead role could be the one you were looking for. Be part of the team and help us transform the way we manage the financials of Downstream business.
Where You Fit In?
The Downstream Reporting & Analysis Organization is a team of >1,000 colleagues providing accurate, timely and insightful analysis to deliver more and cleaner energy solutions.
Within this organization, Financial Accounting and Controlling (FAC) Krakow organization a cluster of teams responsible for Europe & South Africa region. We are responsible for end to end Group and Statutory financial reporting activities.
This person will be an Individual Contributor and will report to Senior Manager or Controller.
R&A FAC OE Lead has regular interface with the team, with delegated operational authority of the Senior Manager. Primary contact point for operational/control matters for onshore finance, R&A Connect, other Finance Operations processes and auditors. Regular touch points with finance process owner organization for clarification/implementation of process/controls changes
What is the Role?
The R&A FAC OE Lead oversees Operational Excellence of the team and will be primarily responsible for smooth delivery of standard operational activities of R&A financial accounting and reporting tasks for entities in scope. OE Lead has the delegated authority of R&A FAC Senior Manager on operational matters and is fully focused on meeting all metrics set up for R&A from org and group perspective; including effective operation of all transactional financial controls.
• Ensure KPIs are reported, analysed and improvement plans are developed if SLA is not met to drive best practice procedures and influence existing practices
• Sets the right priorities regarding multiple work and demands
• Provides inputs on internal and Group projects as required by Senior Manager
• Act as first point of escalation for process related items within team, resolving or escalating issues timely and effectively
• Ensure delivery of training in the area of expertise and proper execution of hand-over procedure between team members
Controls and Compliance
• Maintain and operate a control framework that ensures effective and robust control over all team activities, covering proper segregation of duties
• Ensure audit points/Business Control Incidents (BCI) or Learning from Incidents (LFI) procedures followed through to timely completion with adequate control framework to prevent re-occurrence and knowledge is shared across team
• Ensure team compliance with all internal governance and procedures as defined, eg.communication schedule, Change Management process, Shell General Business Principles (SGBP), work policies & procedures
Change Management and Continuous Improvement (CI)
• Ownership of Operational improvements (CI, ideas) at team level
• Driving MJE (Manual Journal Entries) related initiatives and reducing MJE count at entity level
• Proper embedding of process and control changes within the team and regular liaison with Process Owner Organization for clarifications
• ongoing performance management through performance analysis and feedback
• support Senior Manager in people development through on the job coaching and providing trainings
• regular team engagements through VM (Visual Management)/ team meetings as needed for operational matters
• 5 years of experience in various financial/accounting positions
• 2 – 3 years of experience of formally or informally managing a team
• Economic, accounting or finance university degree/ qualifications
• Downstream accounting experience desirable
• Sound process understanding in one of the following processes: AR/AP, MHI, GL, Fixed Assets, Cash Management, etc.
• Good knowledge of accounting controls
• Good working knowledge of Word, Ms Outlook, Excel
• Desired knowledge of SAP
• Team oriented; strong leadership and communication skills
• Can work under pressure an in a rapidly changing environment
• CI mindset, able to identify ESSA opportunities and manage change
To apply for this job please visit jobs.shell.com.