Field Automation Engineer (EIT)
If you are an experienced Field Automation Engineer (EIT) please read on…
Precision Drilling has an opening for a Field Automation Engineer (EIT) eager for fresh challenges and development toward potential future career growth as our business continues to innovate and grow.
Working for Precision Drilling means being immersed in a supportive culture that recognizes you as a strategic player in Precision Drilling’s future. We are a large company with a family feel, where you will collaborate with leadership and your colleagues across the organization.
Combined with a competitive remuneration package, you will enjoy the advantages of:
- A comprensive benefits package including: medical, dental, prescription drug, life insurance, Pension match and product discount programs.
- A casual work environment where you can expect to enjoy a work-life balance that promotes personal health, well-being, and family life!
- Personal development to grow your career with us based on your strengths and interests.
- Precision has a competitive vacation and PTO offering including afternoons off before a long weekend.
Be a part of a team developing automation solutions for the drilling industry. Develop electrical and controls system solutions based on engineering principles. Work with cutting edge technologies to build the next generation of oilfield equipment.
This is an office/Field based position with 70% regular travel to field locations, and occasional weekend work as needed.
- Working with Electrical and Computer engineers to develop and pilot field equipment
- Working with various control systems pertaining to drilling equipment
- Working with variable frequency drives and low voltage power distribution systems
- Create and maintain bills of materials, assembly drawings, test procedures, and other technical documents
- Work with IIOT technology solutions
- Assist in programmable logic controller (PLC) programming (ST, FBD, LD) and developing human machine interface (HMI) visualizations
- Field installation and commissioning of controls hardware and software, and emergency support
Knowledge & Skills
Basic knowledge of drilling rig electrical systems
Excellent communication skills, written and verbal
Basic knowledge of electrical code and safety practices would be an asset
Basic understanding of machine controls which include induction motor control using AC Drives, MCCs,
PLC programing and SCADA experience would be an asset
Basic Understanding of IP networking
Technical writing experience with test plans and manuals
Degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent
Registered or qualified to register as EIT or P.Eng with APEGA
Valid driver’s license with safe driving record
0-5 years engineering experience
Oilfield experience considered an asset
To apply for this job please visit jobs.precisiondrilling.com.