- Vacancy information
1. DESCRIPTION OF FUNCTION
Subsea 7 has summer internship positions for engineering students to join us in our Houston, TX office. This will be a 10 week program during the summer that provides a great opportunity to come and work with us; learn about what we do and what it means to work for Subsea 7
The FDG intern will focus on work tasks giving them exposure to decision making processes related to early concept field development. Successful candidate may work with FD Managers, FD Engineers, Flow Assurance Engineers, Riser/Pipeline Engineers, and/or Subsea Controls/System Engineers. Tasks will be a mix of design calculation work and interfacing with specialist engineers. Intern will have the opportunity to participate in the building of live field development models in the proprietary software platform Subsea Planner™.
2. KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Become familiar with Subsea 7 Business Management System documents related to appropriate disciplines.
- Become familiar with applicable industry codes and standards.
- Become familiar with engineering deliverables for Flow Assurance, Riser/Pipeline Design, and Subsea Controls/Systems.
- Interface with engineering specialist
- Become familiar with propriety field development software Subsea Planner™
Intern Supervisor – Formal reporting of feedback assessment. Frequent informal communications and assessments are required.
Intern Focal Point – Occasional informal communications are required.
5. CAPABILITY PROFILE – KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND BEHAVIOURS
- Minimum of enrollment in a Bachelor or Masters of Science Degree in Engineering program (Subsea or Ocean Engineering preferred) from an ABET accredited university or equivalent. Completion of at least 3 full years (6 semesters) of study towards degree program.
- Previous experience with industry software (Orcaflex, PipeSIM, or similar) would be helpful, but not required.
- Aptitude and attitude to learn and experience seabed-to-surface engineering requirements, including installation techniques, software tools, and other technical issues.
- Ability to obtain, interpret and apply relevant information for formulating sound engineering solutions under the supervision of senior staff.
- Ability to produce deliverables in a timely manner that are clear and accurate.
- Ability to develop working relationships through effective communication.
- Ability to apply logical analysis to break down problems and to develop solutions by creative thinking.
- Ability to pursue goals, plan, prioritize and organize work.
6. WORKING CONDITIONS
- Primary location of the position is in the Subsea 7 regional office, located in Houston, TX.
- Working hours are 8:00 am to 5:30 pm, Monday through Thursday, and 8:00 to 12:00 pm Friday.
To apply for this job please visit careers.subsea7.com.