Youngsville – United States
The Measurements Field Engineer is responsible for delivering high quality measurements services to clients at the wellsite. Service quality, job preparation and planning and job safety are key priorities. Is responsible for the management, training and development of second engineers and trainees at well site.
The Measurements Field Engineer reports directly to anFSM. At the well site, he/she reports to the Cell Manager.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Manages personal development and keeps informed on current Schlumberger D&M technology and strategy.
- Responsible for training, coaching and mentoring junior engineers or specialists following the equip training program requirements.
- Follows the equip program and competency requirements.
- Meets and maintains all minimum OFS Safety Training Coefficient (STC) requirements as well as job related STC.
- Fully responsible for pre-job planning and mobilization.
- Develops and maintains a positive relationship with the clients to ensure repeat business.
- Has required proficiencies for the services relevant to the job and must be certified competent as Field Engineer as per the D&M equip standards.
- Fully responsible for delivering superior Service Quality to the client.
- Ensure all client deliverables (logs, digital data, reports) are delivered to the customers on time and meet client and D&M standards all the time.
- Effectively manage inventory and supplies required at the well site.
- Maintains good communication with the Client’s well site representative and rig crew and D&M field support staff
- Actively participates in Knowledge sharing.
- Ensures all D&M reporting requirements are fulfilled accurately and on a timely basis.
- Follows up failures with the maintenance team and ensures failure reports are closed with clients.
- Ensures final end of well deliverables are quality controlled and delivered to the clients on time, all the time.
- Ensures post job reviews are conducted with the FSM’s and cell members.
- Provides quality answers and solutions to the customer’s questions, requests, or problems.
- Performs nuclear tool calibrations and wipe tests as required.
- Follows and complies with all Schlumberger and D&M policies, wears all personal protective equipment (PPE) as required.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor Engineer degree.
- 4+ years of related experience.
- Competencies to be kept current: – LMS – IDEAL – QUEST – DMAG – equip – InTouch – D&M SQ Standards – OFS QHSE Standards – Drilling Office – Shock and Vibration.
- Desirable skills: LMS – IDEAL – QUEST – DMAG – equip – InTouch – D&M SQ Standards – OFS QHSE Standards – Drilling Office – Shock and Vibration.
- Candidates must be able to legally work and reside in the US, without sponsorship
Schlumberger is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
Schlumberger is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor- priority referral Protected Veterans requested.
To apply for this job please visit careers.slb.com.