NES Fircroft are working on behalf of a global power technology business sourcing two field service engineers to join their growing Transformer business. With a presence in over 90 countries, this business offer products, systems & software solutions to the global energy industry and have been leaders in innovation for over a century.
With a customer-base across multiple industries including Energy, Utilities, Industrial and Transportation and almost 40,000 employees, they are committed to providing access to affordable, reliable, sustainable and modern energy globally
The idea candidate will be brought in to deliver and work with and lead site based projects including the full installation and commissioning, condition assessment, maintenance and repair refurbishment of Transformer, including tap changer and bushing maintenance and retrofit.
Work as part of and supervise a team of Service Technicians and contribute to the execution of the Service strategy and Service growth by focusing on delivering timely, high-quality, cost effective service offerings, solutions and projects for customers. Execute Service work according to work instructions and in accordance with our clients standard processes, quality standards and safety guidelines. Deliver quality customer service to satisfy customers including preparation and completion of test and condition assessment reports for onwards transfer to client. In close co-operation with customer and other teams within the business, take actions to identify new Service business opportunities
Health and Safety
- To provide a safe working environment for all site employees, mitigate the risks
- Ensure ethical behaviour in line with code of conduct
- Manage the environmental risks associated with the business unit.
- Create the environment that allows all employees to develop and succeed.
- Performs Service tasks as allocated from delivery through to obtaining signed certificate of completion. Ensures planning and execution of various Service activities carried on site. Drives and monitors Service execution with respect to the agreed terms of schedule, quality, cost, margin, and customer satisfaction. Performs Service tasks like installation of equipment and routine maintenance independently, identifies technical problems and makes analysis through remote or on-site activity in different Service categories (installation and commissioning, routine maintenance, extensions, replacements etc.)
- Allocates, drives and monitors work to projects based on work content, delivery time and competencies. Effectively utilizes available resources through proper planning and scheduling to meet delivery targets (e.g. OTD, response time, costs and timescales).
Materials and warrantees
- Ensures that materials and components to feed Service delivery are available provided optimizing cost, stock and timing. Coordinates, prepares and ensures that all materials, parts and equipment are available and at the appropriate quality for Service activities.
Documentation and reports
- Prepares all documents and reports to be signed by the customer representative or PM. Reports work done in a timely manner and follows up when needed. Provision of all necessary reports including daily site reports, completion reports, NCRs and defect reports, quality reports etc
- Supports Project Managers in issuing claims (new scope of work, cost impact, time impact, risk quantifications etc.)
- Drives continuous service productivity improvement activities in the assigned Service team in collaboration with the Operations team. Utilizes efficient tools (e.g. Mobile Service Assist (MSA)) to streamline Service processes and applications to support the customer. Ensures the transfer of Service findings to the product/system local units for improvement of their offerings.
· At least 5 years of experience on similar position in transformers service
· Transformer testing experience
· Transformer diagnostic measurement experience
· Good IT skills
· Good and accurate report writing skills
· >5 year experience in tap changers maintenance
· Oil processing experience
· Demonstrate customer focus
· Results orientation
· Ability to make an Impact and influence change
· Strong people skills
With over 90 years’ combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world’s leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining, Automotive and Chemicals sectors worldwide.With more than 100 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.
To apply for this job please visit www.nesfircroft.com.