- Vacancy information
WHAT IS THE ROLE?
Seaway7 is looking for a Financial Accountant on a full time, staff basis, situated within our Taipei office.
The Financial Accountant is responsible for the accounting of the Seaway 7 entities, coordinates and support with internal and external audits and supports with the adherence of the internal controls framework mainly for Taiwan entities and entities in the Netherlands, Norway, United Kingdom, Germany (Local GAAP), Denmark, France, Cyprus and USA.
WHAT WILL YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES INVOLVE?
- Set-up, prepare and maintain and sign-off of entity balance sheet reconciliations and analytic reviews
- Peer reviews of entity balance sheet reconciliations and monthly analytical reviews for tier 2 and tier 3 entities
- Performs monthly closing and all related activities for specific entities
- Supports with audits and financial statements process with external accountants
- Supports with statutory financial statements for the tier 2 and tier 3 entities
- Ensures that correct procedures (corporate guidelines) are being used and that all relevant documents are in place and auditable
- Analyses and investigates variances and takes appropriate action when needed to ensure the accuracy of financial data
- Provides financial advice, maintains, and supports on the internal controls, accounting standards
- Reconciles a wide variety of financial data, including VAT and local accounts, to ensure accurate account balances and compliance with established accounting practices
- Ensures financial data is accurate, on-time and complete
WHAT EXPERIENCE DOES THE ROLE REQUIRE?
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting and relevant work experience within an international company (Big 4 experience would be ideal)
- A professional inspired by “Our Way” being paramount to the achievement of the company’s long term strategic growth
- Highly energized and motivated, determined to keep pace and eager to improve
- Deadline-oriented and able to work as part of a team, in a time-sensitive situation with an eye for details/accuracy
- Good communicator in English (both spoken and written)
- SAP knowledge/experience is not mandatory but would be ideal
- Enhanced computer skills (Outlook & Excel)
Seaway7 is a global leader in the delivery of fixed offshore wind projects, committed to contributing to an efficient and sustainable energy supply for the future.
We are headquartered in Oslo – Norway with five further main offices in Aberdeen – UK, Leer – Germany, Vejle – Denmark, Taipei – Taiwan and Zoetermeer – the Netherlands, and have a local presence in all key offshore wind regions around the world. We employ more than 500 people onshore and have an offshore workforce of around 500.
Seaway7 is committed to creating a diverse workforce and offer excellent career opportunities, supporting you to develop your skills and aspirations.
To apply for this job please visit careers.subsea7.com.