- Vacancy information
DESCRIPTION OF ROLE
- The Accounting Supervisor is responsible for the provision of regular financial information in compliance with Group guidelines and local financial reporting regulations.
- The Accounting Supervisor supervise and provide guidance to the entity accounting team to ensure the maintenance of accounting records in compliance with local and group regulations in an efficient and effective manner.
- The Accounting supervisor provide finance support and advise to local management for decision making purposes.
- All personnel are expected to contribute to creating a positive HSEQ culture within Subsea 7 and ensure familiarity with and adherence to local HSEQ codes and practices.
- All personnel are also expected to contribute to creating a culture of ethics and integrity within Subsea 7 and ensure familiarity with and adherence to our Code of Conduct.
SPECIFIC KEY RESPONSIBILITIES & ACTIVITIES
Generic Key Responsibilities & Activities;
- Ensure continuous compliance with all Finance policies, process and procedures and promote best practice.
- Ensure that all transactions and taxes are recorded and reported in accordance with Subsea 7 statutory and local legal requirements.
- Monitor the closing process monthly, quarterly, and annually, including the collating of any required accounts.
- Maintain work organization and propose adjustments when necessary.
- Establish and maintain an interface with IT and SAP function.
- Ensure the provision of resources and facilities as and when required by the Territory / Country / Offshore Resources Groups necessary for a proper accounting and reporting of their activity.
- Ensure operational day to day as well as long-term filing of accounts.
- Develop and maintain up-to-date knowledge in accounting standards and provide technical accounting support within the function.
- Develop and maintain departmental controls and procedures.
- Liaise with internal and external auditors with regards to accounting issues and internal control over Financial Reporting.
- Review and approve SAP Integrity reports.
- Ensure Finance capitalizes from lessons learned and is performed in accordance with best practice, striving to mitigate risk, promoting safety and integrity consistently.
- Contribute to the development of the Finance Function through clearly understood roles, responsibilities and performance objectives, regular feedback and continuing professional training.
- Supervise and give guidance to entities accountants on their deliverables and daily task.
- Provide reliable and accurate financial information to stakeholder.
- Provide finance support to local management which include the management of Overhead and OOC cost and budget.
- Operate within the Code of Conduct
- Operate according to Subsea 7’s Management Principles
- Support standards and procedures for the Finance Function
- For level of authority see Authority Limit Matrix’
- Professionally qualified accountant
- Supervisory and SAP experience preferred
- Relevant previous experience at an appropriate level in the subsea or offshore environment
YOUR FUTURE AT SUBSEA7 GPC AP;
In return for your hard work and dedication, you’ll be rewarded with:
- Great exposure in oil and gas industry
- Long term career opportunity
- Global mobility opportunities if relevant
- Diverse and international team if relevant
- Training and development
- Flexible working arrangement
- Work life balance
To apply for this job please visit careers.subsea7.com.