Occidental Petroleum Corporation (NYSE: OXY) is an international oil and gas exploration and production company, and its OxyChem subsidiary is a major North American chemical manufacturer. We are one of the largest U.S. oil and gas companies, based on equity market capitalization, with more than 40,000 employees and contractors worldwide.
Our greatest asset has been and will continue to be our people. We are looking for an experienced and motivated individual to fill the position of Financial Analyst Houston, Texas.
This position will be responsible for:
- Preparing and reviewing monthly journal entries.
- Preparing and reviewing monthly close schedules
- Preparing and reviewing quarterly and annual audit pack schedules
- Ensuring monthly close deadlines are met
- Reviewing financial statements and account reconciliations
- Analyzing financial statement activity for your Assets
- Effectively monitoring GL close processes in SAP
- Working closely with other departments in recording and analyzing financial data
- Working closely with the Business Unit to provide financial data and accounting guidance.
- Assisting with internal and external audit requests, as well as other special projects
- Supervise a team of Financial Analyst(s)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or related degree
- 3-5 years Accounting Experience Strong analytical and communication skills
- Ability to successfully manage multiple tasks and meet short deadlines
- Self-motivated and strong work ethic
- Must be able to create schedules and analyses on an ad-hoc basis
- Must be able to perform detailed reviews of others’ work
- Strong inter-personal skills
- Proactive learner and an effective trainer
- Advanced excel skills
- Overtime required for monthly closing activities
- Upstream Oil and Gas experience / background a plus
- HFM experience a plus
- SAP experience a plus
- Certified Public Accountancy
Relocation: Will not be offered at this time.
Occidental does not offer sponsorship of employment-based nonimmigrant visa petitions for this role.
Occidental is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, political preference, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status
– Financial Services/Reporting
– United States-Texas-Houston
To apply for this job please visit oxy.taleo.net.