Occidental Petroleum Corporation (NYSE: OXY) is an international oil and gas exploration and production company, and its OxyChem subsidiary is a major North American chemical manufacturer. We are one of the largest U.S. oil and gas companies based on equity market capitalization. Our greatest asset has been and will continue to be our people. We are looking for an experienced and motivated individual to fill the position of Financial Analyst based in Houston, TX. This role is responsible for managing and overseeing the financial management of government grants awarded to the organization. This position requires a thorough understanding of government regulations and policies, as well as accounting and financial management principles.
The following are job duties expected of the Financial Analyst:
- Manage and oversee the financial aspects of government grants, including budgeting, forecasting, and reporting
- Ensure compliance with all government regulations and policies related to the use of grant funds
- Monitor grant expenditures and provide regular reports to management and funding agencies
- Work closely with program managers and other stakeholders to develop grant budgets and ensure that grant-funded programs are meeting financial objectives
- Prepare financial statements and reports for government agencies and other stakeholders as required
- Maintain accurate and complete financial records for all grant-funded programs
- Ensure that all expenses are properly coded and documented, and that all financial transactions are in compliance with organizational policies and procedures
- Participate in audits and reviews of grant-funded programs as required
- Assist in the development of grant proposals and applications, including budget preparation and financial analysis
It has come to our attention various individuals and/or organizations are contacting people falsely pretending to recruit on behalf of Oxy. Please be aware that these recruiting scams and communications do not originate nor are they associated with our recruitment process.
Oxy does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruiting process. We will never:
- Ask you to pay for applications, interviews, meetings, processing, training or for any other fees
- Use recruiting or placement agencies that charge candidates an advance fee of any kind or
- Request personal information such as passport and bank account details at an early stage of our recruitment process.
We recommend against responding to unsolicited business propositions or offers from people you don’t know. Do not disclose your personal or financial details. If you believe you have been the victim of a recruiting scam, please contact your local police department
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related field
- At least 3 years of experience in grant accounting and financial management
- Knowledge of government regulations and policies related to grant funding
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and other financial software programs
- Experience working in Upstream Oil and Gas or Marketing
- Familiarity with emerging low-carbon business environment
Relocation will or will not be provided.
Occidental Petroleum Corporation does not offer sponsorship of employment-based nonimmigrant visa petitions for this role.
Occidental Petroleum Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, political preference, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
– United States-Texas-Houston
To apply for this job please visit oxy.taleo.net.