We currently have an opening for an experienced Financial Controls professional to join our global Controls Design & Deploy team.
Financial Controls (FC) Technical Design Advisor will be part of a global Centre of Expertise that provides advisory and deep professional support on financial controls design and deploy. The post holder will support Finance Operations assurance activities related to the annual SOX lifecycle, including among others Risk & Controls Identification, SOX sign-offs, Process and Shell Internal Audit & External Audit queries, deficiency evaluations and ensuring high data quality of Financial Controls in the MetricStream tool.
This position will give the successful candidate opportunity to collaborate with Process Owners & Architects, Process and Business stakeholders who own fit-for-purpose, risk-value driven financial control framework. Working on the assigned projects, this position will contribute to ensuring that Royal Dutch Shell maintains an effective financial control framework, including technical & digital elements of controls. It will also provide the opportunity for visibility across end-to-end processes, and the prospect to drive forward and influence changes of global control framework.
This position will primarily focus on, but will not be limited to, projects related to end-to-end risk & control framework in the Requisition to Pay, Data and Digital Design workstream.
– to deliver assigned projects related to control framework design changes driven e.g. by process or system changes / upgrades, digital transformation, remediations, migrations etc.
– to build specialist end-to-end process and business knowledge including technical and digital domains, across the assigned workstream to effectively business partner with Process & Business stakeholders in transformation of control framework in their respective area.
– to apply high quality standards of Control Design Change Management Process, risk-based mindset and end-to-end perspective to ensure that design effective Financial Control Framework is maintained, and controls are fit-for-purpose. Design & deploy of financial controls will involve good understanding of IT & technical aspects of Application Embedded Controls and interdependencies with IT Controls Framework, as well as continuous learning of emerging digital technologies used by the Process / Business.
– to perform risk review of digital opportunities (both Finance Operations and Onshore Business projects) and provide expert recommendations on the potential risk areas for consideration by the relevant stakeholders.
– to play a pivotal role in contributing to the design and execution of the Digital upskilling sessions for the members of FO Controllers team.
Meeting deadlines – ensuring that support is provided in a timely manner to support key project delivery deadlines and ad hoc initiatives such as query resolution resulting from controls testing and internal / external audits.
End-to-end risk management – ability to challenge the existing approach and articulate risk and assess risks through the whole transaction flow and create that as a natural mindset within the team.
Digital Risk Management – ability to continuously learn new digital technologies emerging across assigned process / business areas and provide digital risk assurance / advisory to the key stakeholders.
The ideal candidate will be a Finance professional with previous experience within the Accountancy / Audit Profession, Risk & Assurance, Internal Audit or someone who has built a broad process knowledge within Shell. Experience in IT risk, systems and digital tools would be a plus.
Successful candidate would be expected to demonstrate strong stakeholder engagement, effective business partnering through strong communication and influencing skills, a track record of managing change projects, delivering value add and learning new technologies.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.shell.com.