Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
For more information on Equal Employment Opportunity, please follow these links:
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Provision
Individual provides support to the asset planning teams, subject matter expert on forecast software and processes, provides best practice recommendations, and performs monthly reviews of forecast. Individual assists with various requests from operations stakeholders, and coordinates work with various departments across the company (drilling, completions, facilities, production, reservoir, operational planning, land, marketing, and accounting). Individual demonstrates strong ability to communicate, teach, influence others, and solve complex problems. The ability to communicate clearly with internal and external parties and maintain a focus on continuous improvement is critical to continued success.
Bachelor’s degree required, in Accounting/Finance preferred
• 5+ years Oil & Gas industry forecasting, finance, or accounting experience preferred
• Strong analytical skills
• 1+ years of database administration/querying experience preferred
• Previous experience preparing forecast, and analyzing variance between actuals and forecast, (expense, capital, production, and prices)
• Knowledge of the assets and connection with the operations personnel; oil and gas operational acumen
• Strong understanding of monthly forecast input, outputs, and process to meet monthly forecast requirements
• Communicates and navigates seamlessly with E&P planning and operational personnel, financial planning and analysis personnel along with various other departments that impact forecasting and financial statements analysis
• Results-oriented with a continuous improvement mindset; critical thinking and problem solving
• Exhibits Integrity; presents monthly financial results to the business unit leadership team
• Planning, organization, and attention to detail
• Review Mosaic forecast monthly prior to data extraction (Expense, capital, production, price)
• Develop subject matter expertise with Mosaic software (front end application & backend data table structure) to support the planning teams and provide best practice recommendations
• Write ad hoc queries to pull data or troubleshoot data flow issues; test and validate changes to applications & IT tools
• Manage business logic PowerBI dashboards & provide guidance for future developed IT tools using forecast data
• Mosaic Administrator: Update and adjust Mosaic on Monthly/Quarterly basis
• Establish connections with asset personnel and provide premier customer service to assigned asset teams; be a Go-To resource
• Provides technical assistance and training to team members of all levels. Guides team members on analysis of data and use of systems.
• Verifies completeness and accuracy of both internal and external data generated by the team members.
• Reviews departmental processes, recommends and assists Supervisor/Manager in implementing any changes or new methods to improve effectiveness and efficiencies.
• Ability to navigate ad hoc requests from internal stakeholders with limited direction; provide completed analysis and recommendations
• Problem solve technical topics, provide recommended solution, and implement with minimal supervision
• Perform analysis on actuals compared to forecast; recommend changes to the forecast if necessary, and assist with any improvement opportunities in the forecasting process
• Performs complex tasks and special projects as assigned by the Supervisor/Manager. Other duties as assigned.
• Proficient in Excel
• SQL/Snowflake experience a plus
• PowerBI experience a plus
• Mosaic experience a plus
• SAP experience a plus
Devon Energy is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunity, including providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with a disability. Applicants with a physical or mental disability who require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process may contact the Devon Talent Acquisition Team at Diversity@dvn.com.
To apply for this job please visit careers.devonenergy.com.