The future will require smarter and more efficient solutions for our business. We need creative and competent people to develop ideas and concepts for offshore exploration and production.
Aker BP has a clear ambition – to become the leading independent offshore exploration and production company. We are challenging standard practices in the oil and gas industry. Now we are looking for people who want to take part in changing the industry and driving necessary improvements.
In the role as a Fixed assets accountant you will be part of the Financial Reporting Team in Stavanger with main responsibilities related to Fixed assets accounting, period end
closing activities and monthly and quarterly financial reporting. In addition to Fixed Asset Accounting tasks, the role will also support other groups within the financial reporting team and have an important role in the processes around creation and maintenance of financial masterdata in SAP. The role may also include project related tasks around M&A, funding activities, internal controls or other ad hoc projects within the Financial Reporting team.
Aker BP has high focus on improvement and we are always seeking for new employees who are able to
contribute to our improvement agenda, especially with regard to digitalization.
Typical work tasks will be:
• Run the whole fixed assets accounting process in SAP incl. settlements, depreciation and checks
• Prepare various fixed assets reports
• Perform calculation of Capitalized interest
• Prepare analysis and input to management reports
• Maintain financial masterdata in SAP
• Keep track of ongoing capex projects and exploration wells to ensure correct accounting treatment
• Responsible for the accounting for leases (IFRS 16), including calculation and posting of contract values, accretion and calculated payment etc.
• Support to develop a strong internal control environment
• Driving continuous improvement, using the Lean methodology and digital tools
• Other ad hoc tasks
• Masters degree within finance
• Minimum 1-3 years of relevant experience
• Experience with fixed asset accounting and SAP is preferred, but not mandatory
• Strong technical skills, especially in Excel
• Strong analytical capabilities
You are a good match if:
• You are able to organize and prioritize work and ensure deadlines are met
• You are self going and proactive, but also have the ability to involve others when needed
• You are able to structure and deliver on complex and undefined tasks either independently or in teams
• You are able to communicate effectively with both internal and external stakeholders
• You are always looking for ways to improve the way we do things
We believe that a diverse workforce contributes to organisational success, and offer equal opportunities regardless of race, gender, religion, age, or disabilities. Candidates are encouraged to apply regardless of background.
Please apply by: 11 October 2021. With consent, candidates will be subject to a background check, and we ask that you attach your academic transcripts with your application.
Contact information: Leif Christian Flørenæs, Accounting Manager, [email protected]
Aker BP is an exploration and production company on the Norwegian Continental Shelf. We are one of the largest independent oil companies in Europe, and we have significant ambitions. The company targets further opportunities for growth and value creation through both exploration and merger and acquisition activities.
To apply for this job please visit careers.akerbp.com.