ExxonMobil, one of the largest publicly traded international oil and gas companies, uses technology and innovation to help meet the world’s growing energy needs.
We are one of the largest foreign investors in Singapore with more than S$25 billion in assets, and have been operating in Singapore for more than 125 years, expanding from trading kerosene to a multi-billion dollar manufacturing and marketing presence today. Singapore serves as the Asia Pacific hub for our Downstream and Chemical businesses, and it is also home to ExxonMobil’s largest integrated refining and petrochemical complex in the world.
In Singapore, we also own an extensive network of service stations under the Esso brand and supply cylinder cooking gas (LPG) to many households. We also supply the commercial market in Singapore and those around the region with industrial, aviation and marine fuels and lubricants, and market liquefied natural gas (LNG).
Job Title: Fixed Equipment & Inspection Engineer
Job Role Summary
- Plan and carry out fixed equipment/piping inspection via on-stream risk-based monitoring programs and downtime inspection activities
- Advise business teams/units on inspection program findings and recommend appropriate solutions for corrosion issues, to ensure safe and reliable operation of equipment
- Investigate equipment failure and recommend cost-effective methods of repair and material selection
- Maintain effective working relationships and communication with business teams/units, to eliminate or minimize material and corrosion issues
- Monitor latest developments in inspection/materials and corrosion technology, via inter-affiliate technology transfers, network communications and meetings
- Develop and update piping and fixed equipment strategy as leading indicators for reliability
- Maintain effective Inspection Data Management system and filing system, including periodic updates
- Provide appropriate recommendations, mitigations and timely updates on equipment degradation problems
- Provide quality assurance on project construction and maintenance works to ensure compliance with applicable codes, standards and specifications
- Conduct reviews and/or updates on Materials Suitability Reviews and Equipment Strategies to ensure equipment reliability
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Materials Engineering and Civil Engineering from a recognized university, preferably with at least three years of relevant working experience in the petrochemical or a similar industry
- Candidates with a Diploma in Mechanical Engineering, preferably with more than 5 years of experience in the petrochemical industry working in fixed equipment or inspection related areas
- Knowledge of materials selection, Non-Destructive Examination techniques, welding and risk-based inspection procedures, would be an advantage
- Familiarity with major API codes for pressure vessel, piping and tankage will be an added advantage
- Knowledge and ability to use computer programs such as MS Office, etc.
- Willingness to work extended hours, not afraid of heights and working in confined spaces
- A team player with strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Capable of effectively driving milestone planning for Equipment Strategy development with key members from various functions
- Candidates with no working experience are also welcome to apply
Please be informed that only shortlisted candidates will be notified, and you can find out more about our hiring process here.
We thank you for your interest in ExxonMobil.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.exxonmobil.com.