FO – Lab Technician
Coevorden – Netherlands
Laboratory Technician Trainee
We are Schlumberger, the leading provider of technology and services to the energy industry. Throughout much of the oil and gas lifecycle in over 120 countries; we design, develop, and deliver technology and services that transforms how work is done.
We define the boundaries of the industry by unleashing our talented people’s energy. We’re looking for innovators to join our diverse community of colleagues and develop new solutions and push the limits of what’s possible. If you share our passion for discovery and want to find out what you could really do, then here is the place to do it.
The Trainee Laboratory Technician is responsible for delivering safe, efficient, and reliable products and service delivery to customers. The Trainee Laboratory Technician identifies opportunities to improve service delivery. This person performs quality assurance tests on company products, prepares laboratory reports prior to service delivery at the wellsite, and provides advanced technical support during additive selection and fluid design. The Trainee Laboratory Technician maintains contact with the Client Support Labs and/or operating locations, product centers and the InTouch repository.
The position reports to the lab manager.
Successful Position holders are excellent communicators, enjoy solving problems, and work well in teams.
- Ensure job deliverables are accurate and delivered on time.
- Develop the competency level required to perform advanced additive selection and fluid design.
- Ensure that laboratory equipment is in clean, working condition and that waste is regularly disposed.
- Prepare technical presentations for internal and external customers.
- Perform regular audits to ensure the laboratory operates according to required standards.
- Assist the Design/Technical Engineer and Product Champions with technical support as required.
- Perform risk analysis before each task or job to identify and mitigate potential safety or quality concerns.
- Participate in Service Quality Meetings with customers and improve performance using action plans.
- Participate in HSE and Quality initiatives.
- Wear PPE and observe HSE policies.
- Maintain the required safety training.
Schlumberger is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
To apply for this job please visit careers.slb.com.