FPU Project Control Lead
During this Pre-Project phase:
* Provide support to the FPU and Engineering teams in the organization, management and control of the FPU Package and associated Engineering deliverables.
* The job holder is responsible for all the activities relative to project controls, in particular, in the following domains: Contract/Procurement, Budget and Cost Control, Scheduling and Progress Control, Reporting, Human resources and associated logistic, Documentation Control, IT.
* The job holder manages a team of several personnel, and is responsible to inform and motivate them adequately so that priorities are clear and directions for the performance of their duties.
* Provide input to the FPU package in order to ensure that the package and the project can be developed on the basis of a robust budget and schedule, in compliance with specified performance requirements and the required Quality and Safety objectives;
* Coordinate with the Project Management the mobilization of additional resources for the FPU and Engineering teams for the FEED and Detailed Engineering phases, and preparation for the Execution phases
* Deputize for the FPU Manager as and when necessary.
The Job holder will be located in the FPU Engineering Contractors offices, and will be expected to be available to move with the package team post-FID to the Construction site, or at least be available for regular travel.
* To implement Project procedures throughout the FPU and Engineering packages and establish and maintain specific procedures as required.
* To liaise with Project Control Manager and team for the proper implementation of FPU control rules and procedures and to apply Project Control directives, as approved/decided by Project.
* To monitor and control FPU day to day contract activities and day to day contract administration (preparation and follow-up of scope changes, preparation and negotiation of Change Orders, reminder of obligations to Contractors up to contract close-out.
* In the preparation of bids and contracts, ensure compliance and alignment with US contractual environment in coordination with Affiliate Legal dept and compare with HQ requirements
* To prepare / review the successive revisions of FPU Estimated Final Cost and participate to the development of yearly Work Programs and Budgets for FPU package, monitor budget transfers, all in accordance with Company Rules and Project procedures. Budget responsibilities are extended to include all Engineering team activities.
* To coordinate the cost control activities in order to ensure a constant and close monitoring of FPU and Engineering costs and expenditures, updated forecasts as a minimum on a monthly basis, in accordance with Company Rules and Project procedures.
* To coordinate the planning and progress control activities in accordance with Company Rules and Project procedures.
* To ensure FPU and Engineering reporting (appropriate content and quality of information) within the timeframe required in relevant project procedures.
* Develop dashboards in collaboration with Project Control Manager for consistent cost, schedule and risk data in a timely fashion to suit FPU, Project and HQ reporting requirements.
* To maintain and coordinate FPU and Engineering team mobilization/demobilization plan, request resources accordingly, liaise with Project HR team for finding candidates, participating to the selection of candidates, administrating and ensuring proper implementation of logistic rules for Human Resources.
* Together with HR and PCM, develop mobilization plans for the execution phase and contribute to ensuring Technical Assistance contractors assigned to the FPU team have appropriate terms and conditions suitable for local and remote postings.
* To manage the Documentation Control System for all FPU and Engineering teams activities, ensure proper implementation of documentation rules and procedures by Contractor and team, ensure the development of appropriate procedures to ensure the delivery of a complete and good quality documentation to Operation teams.
* To manage IT needs for the FPU and Engineering teams, and support the implementation of Digital solutions for project management and future Operations.
Minimum Education: Degree in Engineering or Business
Minimum Experience: Minimum 10/15 years of experience in the upstream oil and gas industry, and recently in similar roles.
Required Skills /Certifications:
* Deep water developments knowledge and experience
* Excellent organizational ability and commitment, working well under pressure and meeting deadlines
* Good team player: willingness to help, confidence and competence to deliver.
* Strong communication and proficient presentation skills
* Good knowledge and appreciation of critical business support activities (legal, commercial, economics, finance, insurance).
* Flexibility and pro-active approach.
Fluent English required.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.
To apply for this job please visit www.orionjobs.com.