CGG (www.cgg.com) is a global technology and HPC leader that provides data, products, services and solutions in Earth science, data science, sensing and monitoring. Our unique portfolio supports our clients in efficiently and responsibly solving complex digital, energy transition, natural resource, environmental, and infrastructure challenges for a more sustainable future.
We are looking for experienced Full Stack Engineer to join our HPC Team!
Reporting to the Head of Global Digitalization and BI you will be part of a globally distributed small team working on digitalization and business intelligence initiatives with stakeholders across the globe.
As a Full Stack Engineer you are expected to be self-starter who has experience working independently and unsupervised. The successful candidate will have had experience developing cloud-based solutions, ETL processes using multiple data sources, complex data pipelines and complex web applications.
- Working collaboratively on a diverse range of projects with stakeholders across the globe including development teams, IT operations and end-users.
- Build data pipelines from vast data sources to our primary data store including Logs, RDBMS/NoSQL databases and Cloud Services.
- Data curation activities to develop bespoke ETL cleaning scripts using languages such as SQL & Python
- Drive the use of best practices during design discussions and improve the overall quality of both the code and applications on an ongoing basis
- Optimize applications for maximum speed, scalability, usability and improve user experience.
- Write clean code that is clear and understandable by others, implement best practice
- Perform a mix of maintenance, enhancements, and new development as required
- Produce clear and concise technical documentation and support data governance processes
- Communicate progress, and issues in a timely manner
Skills and Experiences
- At least 5 years commercial experience as a Web Developer with strong experience in ETL and data curation
- Strong SQL scripting skills with NoSQL and RDBMS databases
- Strong understanding in Cloud infrastructure.
- Track record of developing and building database-driven web applications
- Everyday experience working with Git source control
- Continuous integration
- The ability to work and learn independently and manage their own projects as part of a globally distributed team
- Organized with an ability to cope with pressure at busy times and rapid changes in the priority of tasks
- Willingness to learn new technologies and adapt to changing needs
Why work at CGG?
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience
- Highly attractive bonus scheme
- Initial 22 days annual leave with future increases, complemented by a flexible buying and selling holiday program
- Company pension with generous employer contribution
- Wellbeing Unmind app – puts you in control of your mental health
- A flexible benefits platform with numerous discount schemes – gym membership, restaurants, cinema tickets, and much more!
- Regular social club events, spontaneous reward events throughout the year
- Cycle purchase scheme
- Flexible Private Medical & Dental care programmes
We are Flexible
- Flexible Working – through our hybrid working scheme, we offer a flexible blend of home and office working
- Bank Holiday Swap – our holiday swap program allows you to change it for another day of your choice!
- Relaxed dress code policy
Learning and Development
At CGG, you will have the space to grow at the pace of your passion and explore the opportunities available to those who dare and deliver.
Our culture of learning and complementary approach to supported or self-guided career development, enables the design of tailored courses to suit specific needs our employees to aid personal growth in areas related to technical, commercial and personal skills, via an extensive suite of CGG developed courses, managed through our own Learning Hub.
We Care about the Environment
We encourage and actively support a strong sense of community, through volunteering and various company initiatives, as well as a strong company commitment to protecting our environment through sustainable solutions, energy saving and waste reduction enterprises.
We see things differently. Diversity fuels our innovation, we value the unique ways in which we differ, and we are committed to equal employment opportunities for all professionals.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.smartrecruiters.com.