An exciting opportunity has become available for a Gas Distribution Assistant to join a leading Gas Distribution organisation who are industry leaders in driving sustainability across their network in Scotland and the South of England. They provide gas to over 5.9 million homes and businesses and are currently investing in Research and Development towards a net zero energy system.
Their mission is to transform the future of gas so that we can strive every day to make the world a better place.
You will be supporting engineers on site and learning from them every day when carrying out gas service and mains repair activities. The physical aspect of this job involves excavating/digging in the public/private highways laying and repairing gas pipes, so you will be working in a variety of outdoor environments safely and as part of a team. You will also maintain the vans and tools before and after each job.
The role will require…
- Knowledge of site set up including boards and barriers
- Understanding of site safety
- Communicative and Inter-personal skills, including the ability to converse with members of the public
- You will be expected to be flexible and to work variable hours participating in the 24-hour standby rota
- A full and valid driving licence is essential
To apply for this job please visit www.firstrecruitmentgroup.com.