ABOUT HESS CORPORATION
Hess is a leading international independent energy company engaged in the exploration and production of crude oil and natural gas.Â We have an industry leading position in the Bakken in North Dakota â€“ a key U.S. shale play. Hess is also one of the largest producers in the deepwater Gulf of Mexico and a key natural gas producer and supplier to Peninsular Malaysia and Thailand. The company is engaged in exploration and appraisal activities offshore Guyana, participating in one of the industryâ€™s largest oil discoveries in the past decade, as well as the Gulf of Mexico, Suriname and Nova Scotia.
Hess aims to attract, retain and energize the best people by investing in their professional development and providing them with challenging and rewarding opportunities for personal growth. We are always looking for talented professionals who share our values and are passionate about making a difference in the world and in their careers. We strive to meet the highest standards of corporate citizenship by protecting the health and safety of our employees, safeguarding the environment and creating a long-lasting, positive impact on the communities where we do business.For more information about Hess Corporation, please visit our website atÂ Hess.com.Â
This position is for an Advisor level Geologist in the Bakken Subsurface team, reporting to the Geoscience Manager in Houston.Â Hess has a large and competitive position in the Williston Basin, North Dakota.Â The Bakken has an active continuous drilling program with a focus on efficiencies to maximize cash flow and asset value.
This position provides an opportunity to work on a wide variety of projects with multi-disciplinary teams.Â The role focuses on regional, field and well level evaluation, leveraging skills in sequence stratigraphy, reservoir characterization and pilot evaluation.Â We are seeking an experienced and well-rounded geologist with unconventional resource expertise and strong integration and communication skills who is comfortable working in a fast-paced environment.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Regional and field level subsurface characterization, integrating multiple data types to evaluate development potential.
- Proactively engage with geoscientists and engineers to interpret and integrate results of subsurface evaluation, completions design and production, as well asÂ concisely report out results and implications for asset value.
- Update and maintain compilation of regional maps consumed by the individual well forecast model, while considering additional subsurface variables to improve the forecast.
- Participation in defining and executing evaluation strategies and programs including mini-pilot studies to test specific subsurface uncertainties.
- Use working knowledge of petroleum systems to assess reservoir connectivity between Middle Bakken and Three Forks units.
- Monitoring and assessing new technology and ideas and learning from competitor activity in the Bakken and Three Forks plays.
- Be active in mentoring and providing technical guidance to early career staff.
- Minimum of 10 years of industry experience including at least 5 years of work in domestic unconventional tight-oil plays, Williston Basin preferred. A mix of experience across the value chain, including asset appraisal, production, and operations is preferred.
- The ideal candidate will have a broad range of geologic experience, including reservoir quality assessment, sequence stratigraphy, well log and petrophysical interpretation, petroleum systems, and structural interpretation. Additional valuable expertise might include seismic interpretation, geochemistry, sedimentary petrography, geomodelling, and carbon capture, utilization, and storage.
- Capability to deliver high quality products in demanding, fast paced environment
- Strong analytical and synthesis skills, commitment to continued learning and improvement
- Experience with operations and data gathering useful but not required
- Ability to manage projects with strong focus on delivery and results
- Well-developed sharing, listening, and collaboration skills are highly valued
- Strong individual contributor and team player
- Effective project management, ability to multi-task
- Familiarity with data science and analytics
- Petrel (preferred)
- Spotfire (preferred, not required)
Education, Training & Certifications
- Master of Science in a Geoscience field required
Leading at Hess refers to competencies considered absolute pre-requisites for success. How you deliver results is as important as what you achieve. Every employee is expected to demonstrate the behaviors within these competencies to be considered an effective performer and, ultimately, earn career growth opportunities.
- Builds Trusted Relationships
- Develops Talent
- Creates Effective Teams
- Thinks Strategically
- Inspires Innovation
- Demonstrates Courage
- Drives Continuous Improvement
- Makes Quality Decisions
- Delivers High Performance
Hess is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or genetic information. Hess is committed to providing access, equal opportunity and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities. To request reasonable accommodation, clickÂ hereÂ or send an email toÂ MyHR@Hess.com.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.hess.com.