LOCATION: Various, Alberta (CA-AB)
JOB NUMBER: 58541
Why you should join us:
We require qualified and safety-focused employees for business-critical roles that maintain our commitment to operational excellence and reliable operations. We are using technology to conduct virtual interviews to adhere to physical distancing recommendations and we are well set up for remote onboarding and orientation.
Suncor encourages everyone to do their part and support global efforts to limit the impact of COVID-19 with good hygiene practices, physical distancing, and with care and consideration for the people around you. For more information on how we’re responding to COVID-19, click here. #StrongerTogether
You will use your expertise to:
- Review geophysical logs and geological core description of McMurray formation.
- Create and maintain accurate operating sections and isopach maps to assist the production geologists.
- Support monthly and annual aggregate and resource reconciliation processes.
- Update and maintain geologic records associated with aggregate exploration programs.
We’d like to review your application if you have…
Must-haves (minimum requirements):
- Currently enrolled in a Geology program in 3rd or 4th year at an accredited post-secondary institution, and returning to full-time studies after the work term
- Knowledge of the sedimentary geology of the Fort McMurray region
- Alignment with our values: safety above all else, stronger together, operational discipline, curiosity and lifelong learning, and act with integrity
- Strong computer skills with intermediate to advanced proficiency in the Microsoft Office suite, particularly Excel
- Previous work experience in the oil and gas field
Where you’ll be working, your work schedule, and other important information:
- You will work out of our camp-based Fort Hills mining site, located in Alberta’s Athabasca region, 90 kilometres north of Fort McMurray, Alberta
- The shift schedule is a 7 days on / 7 days off rotation
- This is a 12-month role starting in January 2022
Start your career at Canada’s leading integrated energy company with a business portfolio that includes oil sands development and upgrading, offshore oil and gas production, petroleum refining, and product marketing under the Petro-Canada brand. Our global presence offers rewarding opportunities for you to learn and grow in a variety of career-building positions. We live by the value of safety above all else – if it isn’t safe, we don’t do it. Our strong track record of growth and a focus on sustainability mean tremendous potential for the future. Learn about our purpose and values.
Stay connected to us:
- Follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter for the latest job postings and news
- Visit our Report on Sustainability to see our progress on a number of environmental, social and economic topics and what we’re doing to position our company for the future
- Join our Talent Community and sign up to receive customized job alerts
- Read our Suncor Connections newsletter to see what we’re doing in the communities we live and work in
We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage applications from all qualified individuals. We are committed to providing a diverse and inclusive work environment where every employee feels valued and respected. We will consider accessibility accommodations to applicants upon request. Check out our social goal to learn how we are working to build greater mutual trust and respect with the Indigenous Peoples in Canada.
Please note that our job postings are typically open for two weeks, so don’t delay, apply now.
JOB CATEGORY: Students & New Grads
To apply for this job please visit jobs.suncor.com.