Sugar Land – United States
Job Title Geophysicist
Location Interpretation Engineering, Houston Formation Evaluation
Job Description and Responsibilities
At Houston Formation Evaluation Technology Center, Sugar Land, TX, the geophysics discipline in the interpretation engineering department is seeking applicants for a Geophysicist in engineering and applied research projects. The Geophysicist is expected to contribute the implementation of new processing solutions of borehole seismic and passive seismic into the SLB and customer business using sensing technology including distributed acoustic sensing (DAS). The successful candidate will take following responsibilities:
- Perform feasibility study, construction, and testing of the new algorithm and workflow for borehole seismic and/or passive seismic processing.
- Publish and present the newly developed technologies to internal and external communities, including patent filings.
- Provide technical support for internal and external users as a subject matter expert.
- Ph.D. or M.S. degree in exploration geophysics, seismology, applied mathematics, or related fields with minimum 3 years direct experience
- Research/development experience of new processing technology (signal processing, inversion problem, forward modeling, data analytics, machine learning) in exploration geophysics and/or seismology.
- Proficient to any of the coding languages.
- Previous experience in DAS and/or multi-component (three-component) sensors are plus.
How to Apply
Applicants are asked to submit an online application under Technology on www.careers.slb.com. Please also submit a brief letter of intent and resume to email@example.com, with the reference “HFE IE Geophysicist Position” in the email title.
SLB is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran or military status, pregnancy (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), marital status, or other characteristics protected by law. We are an “Equal Opportunity Employer”.
We will endeavor to make a reasonable accommodation / modification to the known physical or mental limitations of a qualified applicant with a disability to assist in the hiring process, unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business, in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local law. If you believe you require such assistance to complete this form or to participate in the interview process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to request assistance. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to.
We are committed to a culture where everyone feels like they belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, inclusion commitments, please visit our Diversity & Inclusion | SLB (slb.com) for more information.
SLB is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor- priority referral Protected Veterans requested.
To apply for this job please visit careers.slb.com.