Our major client in the Oil & Gas industry, is seeking a Geotech to work within their facilities located in Midland, TX for a 6-month assignment (subject to extension).
- Provide technical and administrative support to the Division Exploration Manager and staff.
- Utilize database information and software tools to assemble and analyze data under the direction of the Geoscientists.
- Assist with data assembly, analysis, organization and presentations.
- Load well and seismic data.
- Load directional survey data and prepare horizontal cross-sections.
- Gather and post activity (drilling, completion, etc.) in geographic area of responsibility (activity maps).
- Update maps as needed.
- Responsible for the preparation of maps, cross sections, logs, displays, gathering and evaluating geological, geophysical and some engineering data. Digitize logs and other geologic information.
- Daily interaction with multiple logging companies.
- Interaction with drilling, engineering, and land personnel is also expected.
- Role ranges from data loading & management to creating geologic displays for a wide range of applications.
- Previous experience working in horizontal development as a geo-tech working with geologic teams and data.
- Must be have experienced in Petra
- Needs to be a quick learner of new computer programs.
- Knowledge of oil and gas documents, procedures, and well identification system is required.
- Other program experience needed – Kingdom, Petrel, DrillingInfo, Enerdeq.
Work Schedule: 5 days on/ 2 days off (40 hours per week)
To apply for this job please visit jobs.airswift.com.