Responsible for spatial data management, map production and the provision of GIS support services for both onshore and offshore environments.
Key Responsibilities and Duties:
- Project spatial data management within a spatial database including the validation of incoming geophysical / geotechnical survey data and CAD engineering drawings; maintaining spatial data quality standards and metadata; building automated spatial data workflows for loading and processing; and providing spatial data deliverables according to required standards.
- Professional quality map and chart production to meet the needs of the different project departments, ensuring timely delivery in accordance with project cartographic standards and compatibility with the Document Management System.
- Key GIS interface with contractors and stakeholders on the project: EIA, land management, offshore survey, geological, etc.
- Provision of ad-hoc GIS support to the different project departments including spatial analysis and visualisation tasks for assisting project decision making; informal training to colleagues wanting to use GIS; and providing occasional support to other GIS colleagues within the company.
- A degree in GIS or Geography, Master’s degree in GIS preferable.
- 5+ years experience providing professional GIS services.
- 2+ years experience in offshore wind industry or similar.
- Experience with Desktop GIS software, principally QGIS but also proprietary ESRI GIS software ArcMap / ArcGIS Pro and associated common extensions
- Experience with spatial databases and SQL, principally PostGIS but also ESRI ArcSDE / Enterprise Geodatabases
- Experience building spatial data workflows with tools such as QGIS Graphical Modeller, PyQGIS, ArcGIS ModelBuilder, ArcPy and/or FME.
- Experience of map series production with QGIS Atlas and/or ArcGIS Data Driven Pages
- Basic competency in AutoCAD or equivalent CAD software
- Experience with other relevant systems and software will be considered as a plus, especially web GIS platforms.
- General knowledge and interest in renewable energy and environmental assessment regulatory frameworks and renewable energy project development, design, and construction.
If you feel the above criteria applies to you, please do not hesitate to apply.
To apply for this job please visit www.spencer-ogden.com.