Airswift has been tasked by one of our major Oil and Gas clients to seek a GIS Analyst to work within their facilities located in Houston, TX for a 7 months assignment.
- The GIS Information and Data Analyst position will work within the GIS Services group and will be responsible for supporting various stakeholders within the organization utilizing GIS technology through spatial analysis and web viewer creation and support.
- This position requires a thorough understanding of linear referencing.
- The GIS and Data Analyst must have technical competence utilizing GIS for data and spatial analysis as well as be able to think strategically and resolve analytical and technical conflicts.
- They should demonstrate the ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with customers and various stakeholders, as well as help create a positive environment of trust and inclusiveness within the GIS Services group.
- They should have thorough understanding of both IT and natural gas pipeline key business processes and will work with IT and business to implement new GIS solutions.
- The GIS Analyst provides advanced level support and subject matter expertise in relation to the use of GIS to support business processes, conducting complex spatial analysis to produce GIS products that support business decision making and compliance reporting.
- The GIS Analyst ensures that GIS data is created, maintained and updated in accordance to the GIS data model and other internal policies; creates documentation on GIS processes and programs; proactively manages authored material, creating and updating procedures to ensure data quality control is met; and is accountable for creating, maintaining and updating critical GIS datasets, among other duties assigned.
- Bachelors Degree in Geography or related field OR GISP certification OR a minimum of 4-6 years relevant GIS experience at a pipeline company.
- In-depth knowledge of GIS suite of products from Esri. Pipeline Industry experience with a thorough understanding of linear referencing.
- Proficiency in Python for automating geo-processes and creating standardized maps.
- Extensive knowledge of general maps, U.S.G.S. quadrangle maps.
- Good understanding of pipeline Integrity data is a plus.
To apply for this job please visit www.airswift.com.