Date: Jul 27, 2022
Houston, TX, US, 77024
Position available in the Land GIS Team. The Land GIS team is responsible for supporting data and cartographic needs of Marathon’s North American Resource Plays. Role will primarily support Marathon’s Pipeline and Facility assets along with providing secondary support for land related activities.
- Work closely with Surface Land Professionals and Engineering regarding ROW and Pipelines/Facilities.
- Assist with the maintenance of Marathon’s Eagle Ford Pipeline assets, which will be used in standard map projects, analysis and reporting.
- Load and maintain survey data in Marathon’s pipeline database using GIS tools/processes.
- Coordinate As-Built Survey deliveries and perform quality control with external vendors.
- Provide support for DOT, Texas RRC and 811 reporting.
- Possess or gain knowledge of Jeffersonian and Texas Abstract land survey systems, including Tax Parcels and Tax Jurisdictions as well as metes and bounds legal descriptions.
- Assist staff and management with preparation of mapping presentations for both internal and external business and technical review (trades, acquisitions, divestitures).
- Possess or pursue an understanding of the Land Software Suite/Data and how it correlates to the spatial data and its processes.
- Perform maintenance of Land Department ArcGIS/Pro projects and web maps.
- Understand and adhere to existing data management structures, processes and procedures.
- Assist in maintaining GIS databases and applications as well as develop new processes and procedures.
- Ensure continued data management processes within the Land Organization.
- Assist with the creation of standard and custom reports using various reporting/visualization tools.
- Work closely with Asset teams and IT supporting the Land’s GIS environment and business processes.
Education: Degree or Certification in Geographic Information Systems
- Experience with ESRI Products, including SDE Geodatabases ArcToolbox, and Model builder preferred.
- Must be proficient in Excel and other MS applications.
- Familiarity with Oracle, SQL, Python, and FME
- Familiarity with linear referencing preferred.
Work Experience: 1-3 years of experience supporting Land Professionals or Pipeline Engineers using mapping disciplines.
Marathon Oil Corporation (NYSE: MRO) is an independent oil and natural gas exploration and production company based in Houston, Texas. With a material position in four of the best oil-rich U.S. resource plays in different stages of development, we offer a variety of career opportunities, whether you’re a recent college graduate or an experienced professional. You’ll have the tools to develop and refine the skills and knowledge you need to succeed.
Marathon Oil Company will take the necessary action to ensure that applicants are treated without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, national origin, sexual orientation, genetic information, veteran status or other protected status under applicable employment law.
If you are a current Marathon employee please use the ERP website to submit referrals.
Posting Notes: || Houston || TX || United States (US) || SF:DI; SF:GH; SF:LI; SF:MN; SF:RZ || Land, Marketing and Commercial || Land, Marketing and Commercial || || 31183 ||
Nearest Major Market: Houston
Pipeline, Facilities, GIS, Geology, Information Systems, Energy, Operations, Technology, Engineering
To apply for this job please visit careers.marathonoil.com.