Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
For more information on Equal Employment Opportunity, please follow these links:
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Provision
The GIS Professional, under general supervision, provide geospatial data analysis and insights to support business strategies and decision-making processes. You will work closely with cross-functional teams to identify opportunities for geospatial data integration and develop strategies to maximize its value across the company.
Bachelor’s degree in Geographic Information Systems, Geology, Geography, Cartography or related discipline
Requires a minimum of 5 years experience with spatial analytics and visualizations. Must have 2 years of experience as assigned lead on specific GIS and/or remote sensing projects; industry experience preferred.
• Develop and deliver innovative and efficient geospatial solutions to optimize exploration and production activities
• Collaborate with business teams to understand their needs and provide geospatial solutions to support their objectives
• Manage and maintain GIS data and systems to ensure enterprise data quality and accuracy
• Perform advanced geoprocessing and workflow automation to idendify spatial relationships and trends
• Identify, evaluate, and recommend emerging geospatial technologies and trends in the market to enhance operational efficiency and stay ahead of industry advancements
• Communicate complex geospatial data insights to stakeholders at all levels of the organization
• Provide technical guidance and training to other GIS professionals and users of spatial data and tools
• Stay up-to-date on industry trends and best practices, and apply them to work
• Foster a culture of innovation and continuous improvement within the Reporting and Analytics Team
• Act as a mentor to less senior employees, providing direction, development, and guidance
• Create and maintain Enterprise map services for web and mobile applications
• Create maps using remote sensing data such as aerial photography and/or satellite imagery
• Oil and gas industry experience preferred
• Practice safe work habits at all times
• Demonstrate commitment to Devon Attributes
• Advanced level computer skills
• May substitute a master’s degree for some experience
• Strong organizational skills
• Strong comprehension of fundamental geodetic theory, including the use of spheroids and datums, and be able to transform data between various map projections
• Advanced knowledge of ETL tools used in data creation and maintenance
• Advanced Application Integration Support
To apply for this job please visit careers.devonenergy.com.