ABOUT HESS CORPORATION
Hess is a leading international independent energy company engaged in the exploration and production of crude oil and natural gas.
We have an industry leading position in the Bakken in North Dakota – a key U.S. shale play. Hess is also one of the largest producers in the deepwater Gulf of Mexico and a key natural gas producer and supplier to Peninsular Malaysia and Thailand. The company is engaged in exploration and appraisal activities offshore Guyana, participating in one of the industry’s largest oil discoveries in the past decade, as well as the Gulf of Mexico, Suriname and Nova Scotia.
Hess aims to attract, retain and energize the best people by investing in their professional development and providing them with challenging and rewarding opportunities for personal growth. We are always looking for talented professionals who share our values and are passionate about making a difference in the world and in their careers. We strive to meet the highest standards of corporate citizenship by protecting the health and safety of our employees, safeguarding the environment and creating a long-lasting, positive impact on the communities where we do business.
For more information about Hess Corporation, please visit our website at Hess.com.
Hess is currently seeking a Senior GIS Technical Analyst to work in Hess’s Land Group in Houston, reporting to the Land Systems and Process Infrastructure Manager. This is an onshore position working with a multidisciplinary unconventional/resource development team. Support of the midstream organization is also required.
The candidate should have experience in the full range of ESRI ArcGIS and Tibco Spotfire suite of technologies as well as experience in, or the capability to learn proficiency of interpretation of multiple data platforms. The candidate will utilize ArcGIS, Spotfire, Quorum Land Suite, and interpretation platforms on PC systems to manipulate data, including but not limited to land, culture, midstream, pipeline, and well data. In addition, they will work directly with geoscientists, planners, Technical Applications (GIS) team, and the Data Management team daily to ensure databases and/or file-based data remain organized and updated. They should be able to evaluate problems and propose solutions to rectify moderate to issues. They are expected to embrace change and have the creativity to improve processes and workflows. This may include developing new or innovative strategies to solve business problems within the asset/organization’s framework. The candidate will be expected to work as an integrated part of the larger domestic onshore team and collaborate with others in the internal geoscience technician community and IT to define and promote best practices.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Primarily responsible for Land based ArcGIS data used by the asset teams
- Loading data to GIS projects, managing the integration with land systems, including Spotfire, ArcGIS Server, Portal or Online, and other interpretation platforms working in conjunction with the IT GIS SME or Midstream GIS team.
- Search and collate data from 3rd party and corporate databases to provide the land organization with information as required.
- Support Spotfire data analytics and visualizations, including GIS Web service base maps where applicable. Python experience desirable
- Constructing base maps in GIS in GIS for opportunity identification, and development planning. Keeping ownership information current utilizing internal and external data.
- Perform spatial data analysis and cartographic support for land and midstream GIS users.
- Update plats and maintain current wall maps for active areas.
- Keeping databases clean and up to date and provide stewardship/gatekeeping support for departmental data.
- Liaising with data management and helping QC loaded data with land staff in addition to monitoring automation logs and batch process where required
- Maintaining files on the shared drives and SharePoint (all forms of PC files e.g.., PowerPoint, Word and Excel). Preparing presentation materials as required.
- Minimum 4-6 years industry experience as a GIS Tech or Geotech, 8+ preferred, additional data management experience preferable but not essential. Experience working ArcGIS in ArcGIS, Spotfire and land system suites, preferably Quorum
- Experience with development and maintenance of GIS Web Maps and Services in ArcGIS Server, Portal, and ArcGIS Online. Experience in migrating workflows from ArcMap to ArcGIS Pro environments a plus.
- Experience mapping legal descriptions to land grids, interpreting, and resolving land grid discrepancies, parcel mapping, and identifying erroneous data points.
- Excellent understanding and knowledge of Coordinate Reference Systems with ability to georeference data, transform coordinates and resolve cartographic discrepancies.
- Knowledge and experience performing queries and analysis on spatial data with ability to assist technical users in utilizing GIS applications, databases, and data to achieve key business results.
- PC proficient in PowerPoint, Word, and Excel as well as Microsoft Windows
Education, Training & Certifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Science, Geoscience/Geology/Geography or GIS preferred
- ESRI Certifications are plus
- Project Management: Ability to manage multiple deadlines and requirements of multiple internal and external customers and stakeholders, ability to manage project objectives, ensure visibility, timelines, and measure success criteria, including development of KPIs.
- Integrator, and team player mentality
- Ability to work within a multidisciplinary team of Land, Midstream, Commercial, Geoscientists, Reservoir Engineers, & Drilling Engineers and Information Technology
- Oral communication skills in the language of geoscience are imperative, as well as the ability to multi-task, prioritize, manage time effectively and efficiently, and exhibit proactive behaviors
- Influencing: Influences effectively with both internal and external partners, develops appropriate influencing strategies and styles to overcome blockages. Asserts ideas positively and persuasively, gaining support and commitment from others and mobilizing people to take-action.
- Decision Making: Solves complex problems with little or no supervision.
- Collaboration: Strong interpersonal skills required with the ability to establish/maintain relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Communication: Ability to communicate effectively in person, via telephone, email, presentation, and informal settings, including directing preparation of maps, slides, charts, or other needed supporting materials. Conveys information and ideas clearly and succinctly through a variety of media, knows the audience, and verifies that the message has been understood.
- Drives Continuous Improvement
- Makes Quality Decisions
- Delivers High Performance
Hess is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or genetic information. Hess is committed to providing access, equal opportunity and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities. To request reasonable accommodation, click here or send an email to MyHR@Hess.com.
Posting Notes: Catherine Denise Nichols | Employee | Land | United States| Texas | Houston | | | | | No | 26537
To apply for this job please visit jobs.hess.com.