Our client is looking for a Senior Principal Engineer Electrical to support the Vice President of Engineering and provide discipline mastery leadership and expertise in electrical power, energy, power electronics and associated plant and equipment through the development and deployment of the appropriate engineering systems (structure, processes & people) and provision of operational and maintenance governance across the mining and processing operations in support of the company’s strategy and business objectives for all their mining sites globally.
- Develop appropriate technical designs and projects to de-risk the business, exploit opportunities and support the overall technical objectives
- Ensure engineering excellence to prevent harm to persons, damage to machinery and equipment.
- Ensure that SIB projects assist with the optimisation of machinery and infrastructure performance and reliability over the life of mine
- Continuously evaluate engineering risks and identify mitigating measures to control the risks.
- Mentoring, assisting and guiding engineers/maintenance personnel to enable them to execute their duties aligned to discipline specific objectives and standard operating procedures
- Ensuring all projects are technically and commercially appropriate regarding design, operability, optimal functionality and maintainability
- Represent the client in engagement with internal and external stakeholders to ensure alignment with the company’s strategic intent
- Provide expert advice to assist site in second line or advanced fault finding, return to operational or diagnostics on a request basis inclusive the technical review assessment and or approval of proposed repair or maintenance proposals
- Review the quality of services provided into the business unit by relevant internal and external service providers and to undertake initiatives to poor quality of service. This may include the identification and development of mitigation together with service providers
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- At least 10 years relevant experience in the Mining or Mine Process Plant sectors.
- Bachelors or Honours degree or B-Tech or equivalent in Electrical Engineering
- A postgraduate qualification (Masters or Doctoral degree or equivalent) in a relevant technical discipline OR a proven track record of extensive practical experience in a role and context of similar complexity would be advantageous
- Registered Professional Engineer would be advantageous
- At least 10 years relevant experience in the Mining or Mine Process Plant sectors
- Experience in planning and maintenance of electrical engineering infrastructure to ensure Integrity over the life of mine.
- Experience in the following:
- Engineering Infrastructure Management (for Mine Process Plant, Surface Infrastructure & Underground Mines):
- Mine Planning processes and requirements (discipline focused) o Electrical supply and control systems and typical equipment o Asset Integrity Management for electrical systems and equipment
- Demonstrate experience in electrical systems with voltages up to 33000 volts
- Demonstrable balance between theoretical electrical engineering and practical electrical system maintenance operations and management.
- Good understanding of national & International electrical standards
- Solid understanding of key technical concepts relating to Mining Equipment and processes o Familiar with electrical design software and processes
o Energy Management and renewable energy systems
- A strong and developed sense of health and safety within the working environment and in the design process
- High level of software skills including MS Office and MS Project
- Willing and able to travel to operations/sites across the globe
Benefits and Contractual information:
- Permanent contract
To apply for this job please visit www.caglobalint.com.