Occidental is an international energy company with operations in the United States, Middle East, Latin America and Africa. We are the largest onshore oil producer in the U.S., including in the Permian Basin, and a leading offshore producer in the Gulf of Mexico. Our midstream and marketing segment provides flow assurance and maximizes the value of our oil and gas. Our chemical subsidiary OxyChem manufactures the building blocks for life-enhancing products. Our Oxy Low Carbon Ventures subsidiary is advancing leading-edge technologies and business solutions that economically grow our business while reducing emissions. We are committed to using our global leadership in carbon dioxide management to advance a lower-carbon world. Visit Oxy.com for more information.
Occidental strives to attract and retain talented employees by investing in their professional development and providing rewarding opportunities for personal growth. Our goal is to meet the highest employer standards by ensuring the health and safety of our employees, protecting the environment and positively impacting our communities where we do business.
The primary function of this position is to continually meet the requirements of and manage the inspection services and team for the GoM Mechanical Integrity program. The position is responsible for the development, implementation and sustainability of the BU MI programs, MI related data trending analysis as well as development and implementation of corrective actions associated with equipment failures. This position is also responsible for ensuring “Fit for Service” for pressure vessels, tanks, pipelines, PRDs per the applicable API/ASME and National Board standards.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage and coordinate the day-to-day activities of the MI inspection team, including direct supervision of Inspection Engineers responsible for offshore platform inspectors and NDE subcontractors.
- Achieve HES and production targets in a safe and cost effective manner, through the MI program.
- Maintain competence of a multi-discipline team in the implementation of inspection engineering
- Support the Meridium and RBI processes and programs to ensure ongoing integrity of assets and data input from failures and testing programs.
- Provide technical expertise to identify and apply appropriate condition monitoring programs to ensure operating integrity of the BU’s assets
- Ensure fit for purpose PM and PDM plans are in place and that tasks are being worked
- Provide technical expertise and field experience for the development and sustainability of the BU MI program including Deficiency Management Program.
- Conduct performance data trending and analysis for the development and implementation of appropriate corrective actions to prevent reoccurrences
- Manage engineering calculations required to evaluate pressure vessels, pipe & pipelines, tanks, PRDs for “Fitness for Service” per applicable standards (API/ASME/ and the National Board)
- Review and approve stationary equipment repair and modification documentation Lead and participate in the Root Cause Failure Analysis (RCFAs) of Mechanical Integrity related incidents
Manage MI related CAPEX and OPEX programs or projects
- Help evaluate and validate contractor performance
- Work with other functional groups to meet business needs
- Support technical excellence of the operating staff and field operating personnel
- Support/work with the Maintenance Lead for MI program element implementation (SAP)
- Collaborate with World Wide Engineering to ensure compliance with MI corporate program, sharing of lessons learned, and implementation of best practices
- Introduce innovative technologies and systems for Mechanical Integrity management.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering (preferably Mechanical)
- Working knowledge of design and inspection standards for tanks, pressure vessels, pipelines, and pumps
- Working knowledge of equipment degradation mechanisms (corrosion) and failure modes
Specialized or Technical Knowledge:
- Position requires a high degree of competency in people skills and listening skills, both of which are aimed at getting the best performance out of the team.
- Technical knowledge of multi-engineering disciplines to ensure overall MI knowledge
- Track record of identifying new technologies and innovative techniques
- Degree in Engineering discipline with minimum 15 years experience and with minimum 10 years experience in the Mechanical Integrity and in-service inspection of operational facilities covering plant, field equipment and pipeline gathering systems, (with direct experience in MI management of numerous widespread field satellites, tank batteries and associated non regulated pipelines.)
- A thorough knowledge of Federal, State and code requirements, in-service Mechanical Integrity methods and techniques.
Relationship of Position to Others in its Function:
This position communicates regularly with the BU management (Operations, Production, Engineering, construction and HES) as well as the MI team members
Skills & Competencies:
- Detailed knowledge of relevant API/ASME/NBIC/NACE codes
- Strong understanding of metallurgy, failure mechanisms, and corrosion issues as they pertain to the oil & gas industry
- Capable of leading and participating in RCFA Investigations
- Working knowledge of coatings & coating processes
- Strong understanding of the OSHA PSM 1910.119 Mechanical Integrity requirements
- Strong organizational and program developmental skills
- Able to work with minimal supervision
- Able to communicate well across teams and functional groups
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to perform under pressure
- Knowledge of oil field and gas plant operations
- Strong understanding of economic and financial analysis
- Conflict management
- Strong decision making skills
- Drive for results
- Creativity and innovation
- Adapts to change and ambiguity
- Demonstrated success with organizations with multi-discipline staffs
- Understands business process and regulatory requirements
- Strong emphasis on customer service
Relocation: This position is not eligible for relocation.
Occidental does not offer sponsorship of employment-based nonimmigrant visa petitions for this role.
Occidental is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, political preference, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
– Mech Integrity
– United States-Texas-The Woodlands
To apply for this job please visit oxy.taleo.net.