Posting End Date: May 26th, 2022
Posting will expire at 11:59 pm local time.
On January 1, 2021, Husky and Cenovus combined to form a resilient integrated energy leader. Husky is now part of the Cenovus group of companies.
One of Husky’s advantages is that we are an integrated oil and gas company. From exploration to development, production, refining and marketing, we’ve got it all! Combine this with a range of learning and development tools and an inclusive work environment, and you are well-positioned for a successful career at Husky.
We have training, mentoring and career development programs and resources to help you develop both personally and professionally – as an employee or a leader. We offer many internal leadership and business skills courses along with tuition reimbursement programs for qualified employees. Every year, a significant number of our employees are able to take on new roles within the company thanks to our strong focus on hands-on learning and development.
Specialist, Government Affairs
Our Sustainability & Engagement Department is looking for a talented individual to join our team as a Specialist, Government Affairs. Reporting to the Director, Government Affairs, this is a challenging role where we will lean on your years of experience in policy, research, communication, and advocacy to help educate and advise senior leadership. You will also represent Cenovus’s views to governments in the jurisdictions where Cenovus has operations.
This role is a full-time position working in our Columbus, Ohio office.
We’re a Canadian-based integrated energy company headquartered in Calgary. We’re committed to maximizing value by sustainably developing our assets in a safe, innovative and cost-efficient manner, integrating environmental, social and governance considerations into our business plans.
We operate in Canada, the United States and the Asia Pacific region. Our operations include oil sands projects in northern Alberta, thermal and conventional crude oil and natural gas projects across Western Canada, crude oil production offshore Newfoundland and Labrador and natural gas and liquids production offshore China and Indonesia. Cenovus’s downstream operations include upgrading, refining and marketing operations in Canada and the United States.
Our shares trade under the symbol CVE, and are listed on the Toronto and New York stock exchanges.
For more information, visit cenovus.com.
Find Cenovus on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube and Instagram.
Why we work at Cenovus:
- Safety as a core value
- Competitive compensation
- Employer-paid benefits: health, dental, vision & more
- Volunteering opportunities
- Community Investment activities
- Inclusive work environment
- Career progression/internal mobility opportunities
- Company/team building events
- Monitor and report on policy and legislative developments in Ohio and Wisconsin. As well as federal issues of interest to Cenovus.
- Prepare briefing notes on policy issues and political developments relevant to Cenovus for senior leaders and the Executive Team
- Track progress of individual pieces of legislation as well as government consultation processes on issues of interest to Cenovus
- Represent Cenovus and support senior leaders at various governmental and industry association engagements, leading our U.S. advocacy efforts that align with our sustainability and long-term strategy
- Develop and implement public policy advocacy plans
- Find and develop regulatory, policy, and funding opportunities to enhance Cenovus’s ESG objectives
- Develop and maintain relationships with key government contacts, from both the political and public service
- Ensure compliance with relevant lobbying disclosure legislation and registries
- Organize then lead or participate in government meetings as required and prepare necessary correspondence and briefing material
- Undertake specific research and/or advocacy projects for the Director, Government Affairs
- Must be legally entitled to work in the United States
- Must be legally able to work as a lobbyist in Washington D.C., Ohio and Wisconsin
- Experience in the oil and gas, refining and renewable energy industry is a plus but not required
- A University degree in Political Science, Public Policy, Commerce or Economics is preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- 15+ years of progressively responsible experience within government affairs, public policy or related roles
- Experience researching and writing on government policy or working in a government or caucus research position will be an asset
- Strong analytical skills to quickly assess complex situations, determine key issues, and prepare and implement clearly defined solutions and/or responses
- Familiarity with the public policy development process at both the state and federal level
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work constructively in a large complex organization
- Demonstrated ability to work with initiative and creativity when managing multiple projects, under constant deadline pressure
- Highest standards of personal integrity
- Able to travel regularly
At Cenovus we embrace a diversity of thought, experience and backgrounds to help us make better business decisions, address our challenges, seize opportunities and unlock innovative solutions. We define diversity as the variety of people, including all of the unique attributes of our staff, as well as the variety of ideas within our organization. Building an inclusive workplace by drawing on the skills and talents of a diverse workforce provides Cenovus with a competitive advantage. We believe it’s important to maximize the potential of everyone who works for our company and ensure people feel respected, appreciated and heard. We define inclusion as ‘diversity in action,’ creating an environment of involvement, respect and connection, where various ideas, backgrounds and perspectives are harnessed to create business value.
Note: The application deadline for this position is 11:59 PM MT May 26th, 2022.
This posting represents the desired scope, accountabilities, skills and experience requirements of the job. These requirements may be modified to support business needs. Title and compensation administration will be based on the skills and capabilities of the successful incumbent.
Please note that pre-employment background checks are pre-conditions to Husky employment offers and must be completed successfully before you are confirmed to start with Husky.
Husky Energy is an affirmative action employer and we are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to qualified applicants without regard to age, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, veteran status, or other personal or physical characteristics protected by law.
Husky Energy is an integrated Canadian energy company headquartered in Calgary, Alberta. The Company operates Upstream and Downstream business segments, with operations in Canada, the United States, China and Indonesia.
Husky’s balanced growth strategy focuses on consistent execution, disciplined financial management and safe and reliable operations.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.huskyenergy.com.