- Vacancy information
GPC&AP ROV & Diving discipline is currently based in two sites: Sutton and Suresnes. The team has a multicultural environment, with highly skilled engineers.
GPC&AP is looking for a Project Remote Intervention Engineer to join the Engineering team based in Sutton (UK).
Reporting functionally to the GPC ROV & diving engineering group manager and operationally to the Project Technical Manager or Tender Technical Manager, the Project Remote Intervention engineer will provide ROV expertise to the FEEDs, Tenders and Projects being run from the GPC offices.
This position will be the focal point for ROV intervention scope with other disciplines & departments.
Successful candidate will be responsible:
– timely delivery of all the necessary specific technical documents associated to the ROV intervention scopes.
– the selection, preparation and readiness of the necessary ROV tools required for the offshore campaigns.
– may support on site operations.
SPECIFIC KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Promote safety behaviour and safety in design.
- Promote team Spirit within the project team
- Contribute to project Engineering reviews on all subjects associated to (or at the interface with), the ROV scope.
- Support the Discipline manager for the resource plan and time sheet validation
- Manage a team of specialist ROV & Diving engineers and be ultimately responsible for the provision of support to project, tender and FEED activities.
- Provide support to the Remote Intervention Discipline Manger in the day-to-day running of the Sutton-based Team and represent the Department in meetings with internal and external stakeholders, as required.
- Be the technical focal point for Remote Intervention engineering within the Global Project Centre in Sutton and liaise with client experts, project teams and sub-contractors.
Within the scope he/she is allocated to:
- In charge of Structure design review for ROV access
- Responsible for technical proposal and evaluation of solutions for the projects
- Deliver project specific ROV engineering documents (such as Tie-I Procedure, ROV Access report using 3D software, ROV Tool and Task Matrix…).
- Deliver project specific SIT requirements.
- Deliver project specific technical scope of work for ROV services (3rd party).
- Prepare and follow-up of Master Document Register and Subcontractor Document Register within project.
- Responsible for Technical appraisal and follow-up of sub-contractors
- Deliver specification and requisitions for the design and /or selection of all consumable, tools, installation aids required for the execution of the ROV scope of work.
- Participate and coordinate SIT, specific trials and offshore/onshore operations, as required
- Supervise the implementation, revision, follow up of the overall equipment mobilisation lists.
- Responsible for the Technical interface:
- With the Client and Third-parties. This includes clear definition of responsibilities when activities are planned on-board third parties vessel or platforms.
- With Other disciplines, operation department. This includes the identification and reporting to Project Management of any gaps that may impact the correct execution of the scope of work.
- With OR Aberdeen for internal renting tooling. This include Tool and task matrix, tooling upgrade, mobilisation, demobilisation, repair follow-up).
- With OR Aberdeen for ROV tooling development
- With OSS for Diverless connection in Alliance contract.
- Deliver Interface and responsibility matrix.
- Assist for the preparation and follow-up project changes and variation orders
- Prepare feedback summary, reports on project
- Attend to project and discipline meeting
- Responsible for the issuance of the operation reports and associated lesson learns.
CAPABILITY PROFILE – KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND BEHAVIOURS
- Technical skill in in most of the below:
- ROV Tooling.
- Subsea installation
- Diverless connection system (e.g. Diverless connectors, MQC plate, cobra head…)
- ROV Operation including ROV limitation, ROV performance, manipulator performance and limitation.
- Knowledge in survey scope.
- Knowledge in pre-comm.
- ROV hydraulic interface including hydraulic power restriction, hydraulic fitting interface.
- ROV Electric interface, including connector type and restriction
- Offshore experiences
- Managerial experience in above scope.
- Experiences in interface management and process.
- Experiences in tendering process
- Site / offshore scope management
- Added values
- Knowledge in diving scope
- Knowledge in R&D process
- Majority of the work is carried out in the Home office site at Sutton.
- Requirement for some international travel.
- Offshore/Off-site location during project execution phases as required.
- Travel to Suresnes office expected for Team meeting
To apply for this job please visit careers.subsea7.com.