Aker BP has a clear ambition – to become the leading independent offshore exploration and production company. We are challenging standard practices in the oil and gas industry. Now we are looking for people who want to take part in changing the industry and driving necessary improvements.
Aker BP is uniquely positioned to transform the E&P industry. We are already recognized as a front runner within digitalization and are now recruiting future talent that can help us reach our goal of becoming the leading E&P company. We are far from having all the answers – and this is why we need you!
In the role of Mechanical Engineering, you will be enrolled in our graduate program and be part of a Mechanical Engineering team that delivers discipline and maintenance engineering services to operations, modifications, and projects.
Typical work tasks can be:
- Day to day technical support resolving direct and short-term actions
- Maintenance scoping and follow-up for equipment
- Supporting modifications or major projects within the discipline
- Participate and support improvement & technology development projects in Asset and OAD/Operations
- Condition and vibration monitoring analysis of machinery within or cross-asset, including further technical evaluations
- Have recently graduated or due to graduate in 2022 with an MSc within Mechanical, Mechatronics, Structural Engineering, Process or similar
- Interested in and experience from other engineering disciplines is considered an advantage
- English/ Norwegian language working proficiency
You are a good match for this role if you:
- are eager to develop your competence
- are Enquiring, Responsible, Predictable, Committed and Respectful
- skilled in communication and capable of prioritizing your tasks
- are curious about technology & innovation, want to understand how it is applied to make real change, and enquire about what value it creates
- Understanding how data can be made available, interpreted, visualized and used as a basis for various recommendations and decisions
At Aker BP, we invite you to bring forward creative, innovative, and bold ideas. We let you influence our future, and you can make a difference! We believe that a diverse workforce contributes to organisational success, and offer equal opportunities regardless of race, gender, religion, age, or disabilities.
About the graduate program:
Being a graduate in Aker BP is an opportunity for you with less than two years of relevant professional experience. We will secure you a permanent role within the company and develop your skills through on-the-job training, seminars, courses, e-learning, and individual follow-up. You will learn about the industry and how we work in Aker BP. The graduate program is also a unique opportunity to build your network with recent graduates, mentors, and leaders across departments and disciplines.
Please send us a little bit about yourself, your CV and your transcript by 12 September 2021. If you are currently enrolled in a master’s program, you can send a preliminary grade transcript. Please note that applications without a diploma/transcript will not be evaluated.
With consent, candidates will be subject to a background check, and we ask that you attach your academic transcripts with your application.
Aker BP is an exploration and production company on the Norwegian Continental Shelf. We are one of the largest independent oil companies in Europe, and we have significant ambitions. The company targets further opportunities for growth and value creation through both exploration and merger and acquisition activities.
To apply for this job please visit careers.akerbp.com.