Group Manager – Cost Estimating that will report directly to the UK Engineering Director.
We are seeking high caliber people for this key Group Manager role that have talent, enthusiasm and drive to influence and be part of our exciting continued expansion plan for our UK business. The UK Engineering group will support a variety of interesting and challenging opportunities in Low Carbon/ Energy Transition (CCUS, Green Hydrogen, Blue Hydrogen, Offshore Wind, Waste to X, Emissions Reduction) as well as responsibly developing traditional international energy projects. Being confidently hands on particularly as we grow, collaborative (including international workshare and teamworking) and committed to a long-term career within a high performing and close team are some of the key qualities we are seeking.
We operate a hybrid working model with a mix of office and home working. For our team to develop an effective team dynamic within Engineering.
- Corporately manages their respective department
- Recruits and develops staff personnel and also recruits Contractors to deliver across a portfolio of Pre-FEED, FEED and Detailed Design projects
- Hands on managing estimates and chargeable across projects
- Takes leadership in client engagement and key meetings in relation to planning and discussing Estimates
- Develops tools and systems to support excellent delivery of estimates
- Interfaces with other parts of the business for data and benchmarking
- The Cost Estimating Group Manager is accountable to the Engineering Director and the Managing Director who is typically sponsor on key projects.
- Allocate appropriate manpower for the preparation of proposals/ concept studies, FEED and detailed engineering on projects. Maximise billable hours
- Continuously evaluate manpower and competency requirements; ensure RESOURCING TOOL is kept up to date; develop manpower plans, charts and schedules. Recommend, assign and allocate manpower for the execution of estimating activities within the budgeted project man-hours.
- Decide recruitment requirements in support of department activities; participate in screening of applicants, interviewing, selection and hiring of candidates in accordance with company procedures and approval processes
- Direct the activities of department performance evaluations. Establish clear work standards and ensure performance objectives are met. Evaluate and make recommendation for promotions, salary increases, transfers, and terminations
- Determine training and development requirements within the department; confer with supervisory level personnel in the identification of skill gaps and training needs. Mentor and motivate department staff
- Assess, identify and develop technical tools, conduct presentations and seminars to update and improve the quality of work
- Consult with quality assurance on any issues relating to compliance with business QMS, project quality plan and design integrity processes and procedures. Coordinate internal and client audit requests. Comply with accredited frameworks such as ISO 14001
- Hold regular departmental meetings and maintain corporate communication with department members
- Participate in preparation of proposals including execution statements, man-hour cost estimates and client clarifications
- Manages the overall activities of the department, accountable for overall discipline related activities for the successful completion of proposals and/or projects within allotted schedule, quality, man-hour and costs. Accountable for the entire department budget
- Makes decisions on recruitment issues and on mobilisation/ demobilisation of personnel with approval from Engineering Director
- Typically supervises department of 3 to 10 personnel
- Duties essentially performed in Main offices. Time spent in supervision, planning, coordination, attending meetings and maintaining contacts. May be required to travel to other offices, client’s offices, vendor offices and attend site visits as necessary, in accordance with corporate or project requirements
- Our team will be expected to be in the office nominally 3 days a week to help build that positive team culture.
Your knowledge/skills, education, and experience:
- Honours degree/ Diploma in engineering
- Significant related Cost Estimating experience in Concept, FEED and Detailed Design CAPEX and OPEX estimates working for engineering/client organisations in the oil and gas industry, utilities and/ or Low Carbon Energy Transition industry
- Previous experience in a management position
- Excellent management, including delegation, and leadership skills
- Excellent coordination, monitoring and supervisory skills
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Tactful in resolving issues
- Proactive approach
- Attention to detail
- Team player
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Exposure to consultancy, FEED/ detailed design and EPC projects
- Planning and forecasting
- Ability to meet schedules and deadlines
- Analytical and problem-solving mindset
To apply for this job please visit digital.leap29.com.