- Vacancy information
Subsea7 are seeking a Group Engineering Analyst to support the Engineering Function by co-ordinating and analysing global engineering data and knowledge. This role is a staff role based in Westhill, Aberdeenshire.
Data is playing an ever more important role in supporting the way we work. With this increased importance on data, we want to maximise its value to the Engineering Function. We are looking for someone to develop and monitor global performance metrics, support our transfer of knowledge and business improvement initiatives.
If you are keen to learn, take on responsibility and work autonomously within a small team then this role will allow you to have an impact on our business at a Global Level.
Specific Key Responsibilities:
Performance & Data
- Development of dashboards to report KPIs and Metrics
- Co-ordinate the inclusion of key data sources into the central data lake with IT.
- Monthly update of dashboards (e.g. Global Engineering Headcount)
- Monthly Reporting and identification of trends
- Maintenance of key Global Engineering Master Data (for example, Common Work Breakdown Structure)
Knowledge & Expertise
- Support the completion of quarterly reports from our Global network of experts.
- Collate and develop a quarterly and annual summary report on Global network of expert’s activities.
- Support the sharing of knowledge through the co-ordination, production and communication of key Engineering events.
- Manage and co-ordinate business improvement suggestions
- Manage key Global community platforms (Microsoft Teams Channels, Functional Engineering Pages, SharePoint and Yammer as examples)
- Act as a Data Steward for Engineering Data by identifying and logging data issues, manage access to Engineering Data and co-ordinate the development of solutions to data issues
- Work closely with the Data Governance team to raise data awareness and data literacy across the Engineering function
Please note, if you don’t tick all the boxes below but feel you have some of the relevant skills and experience we’re looking for, please do consider applying. We would encourage you to apply with a CV that highlights your transferable skills and experience.
- Proactive and enthusiastic, willing to work in a small team to deliver and impact change on a Global scale.
- Ability to analyse data to identify trends
- Experience of using Power BI & Power Apps
- The ability to work autonomously, to listen and learn from others.
- Detailed orientated to ensure data consistency and quality.
- Innovative thinker, someone who can propose new ideas or improvements to ways of working.
- Strong communication skills
What do we offer?
- Career development – with access to a range of learning and development opportunities, as well as being part of a culture that encourages growth and development
- Flexible working – lots of our people work flexibly in different ways. Whether it’s hybrid, part-time or flexitime working. We can’t promise to give you exactly what you want, but let’s have a discussion to see how we can make it work.
- Enhanced maternity/paternity leave/adoption leave
- A fantastic benefits package – which includes a generous holiday allowance, pension scheme, discounted health and wellbeing packages, electric car salary sacrifice scheme and more.
Who are we?
We are Subsea7, a global leader in the delivery of offshore projects and services for the energy industry. We make offshore energy transition possible through the continuous evolution of lower-carbon oil and gas and by enabling the growth of renewables and emerging energy.
At Subsea7, we are looking for people who think differently. We want people who can bring new ideas and who are willing to take on challenges that will enable us to make a positive impact on a global stage.
In turn we will lift you up and encourage you to go further. Onshore or offshore, embark on a journey of opportunities, continuous learning and development.
Start your journey with us today.
An environment where you can thrive
We recognise that having a diverse team makes us a better, smarter team. Diversity is something we value and regard it as key to our success.
We encourage new ways of thinking and celebrate our wide range of skills that help us continually challenge the status quo and inspire innovation. An inclusive and diverse environment fosters creativity, improves decision-making and introduces new ways of thinking.
Our people are at the heart of what we do at Subsea7 and we are committed to creating an environment where everyone can thrive. Fair employment practices, fair treatment for all individuals and equal opportunity on the basis of merit are the foundation of how we work and develop together.
What happens next?
If you would like to apply for this role, simply click the Apply button found on this page.
You may be prompted to set up a profile with us. It’s quick and easy to do. Or, if you have already created a profile with us, simply log in and submit your application.
Here are 3 top tips to help you submit a successful application:
- Make sure your CV is up-to-date and highlights the transferable skills and experience you can bring to this role.
- We would encourage you to include a cover letter as part of your application. It’s your chance to tell us why you would be a brilliant addition to our team.
- Take your time with your application and check there are no errors such as spelling mistakes.
Once you have submitted your application, we will be in touch as soon as possible with next steps.
To find out more about Subsea7 visit our website here.
You can also follow us on our social channels Linkedin, Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube.
To apply for this job please visit careers.subsea7.com.