Group Operational Health and Safety Manager- Mining
Location: Accra, Ghana
Salary / Package: Competitive salary package with excellent benefits
- English, French (advantage) Timeframe: The role has full sign-off and budget
Recruitment Partner: Airswift Account Manager: Sanjusha Chowdary
Keywords: Health & Safety, Mining, Operations Manager, Leadership, and Communication Skills.
We are in the business for more than 50 years as one of the markets leading companies in the Mining industry and we established various entities all over Africa proving exceptional services across contract mining, Civil engineering, and building construction.
We are a value-oriented company environment where trust, creativity, respect, and teamwork are emphasized. Here we have room for initiative and independent work as well as the opportunity to develop both professionally and personally.
We partnered with Airswift and are now looking to hire a Group Operational Health & Safety manager to help us continue to develop a new organizational structure and prove what we have been known for the last 50+ years in the mining industry.
- Develop the present HSE Management System for external auditing and accreditation to ISO 45001:2018 on an incremental basis through all sites.
- Manage and coordinate all OHS activities on remote mining sites
- Develop project-specific health & safety strategies, programs, training, and plans in partnership with Group Construction Health and Safety Policies and Client Policies
- Establish a process of active health and safety monitoring through audits and inspections of site conditions and activities
- Support the Project Managers in the execution of health and safety-related statutory and contractual duties
- Coordinate the investigation of incidents, ensuring root cause analysis is completed and corrective actions are implemented.
Experience/ Education / Qualifications:
- Degree qualified in a related discipline in conjunction with a recognized qualification in Health and Safety.
- Qualification in ISO 45001:2018 up to Lead Auditor stage
- Chartered member of IOSH (Institution of Occupational Safety and Health) or equivalent qualification would be an advantage
- >5 years experience in civil engineering contracting or mining
- In general, > 20 years, of experience in health and safety
- Experience in achieving and/or maintaining ISO certification with Proven management experience
- Previous overseas experience and Experience on remote mine sites.
- Interface experience with heavy plants with mandatory excellent communication and strong interpersonal skills.
- Excellent writing and reporting skills, French language would be an advantage
The next step We have an exceptional team in place, and we are pleased to be able to appoint a further person to our growing business. We are aware that you may not ‘tick all the boxes, but if you believe you can genuinely offer some valuable skills and experience to our business, please in the first instance contact our recruitment partner Airswift, and the account manager: Sanjusha Chowdary.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.airswift.com.