The energy transition requires the development of new business opportunities for Shell, together with the development of new technologies and technology areas. Shell has concluded that Hydrogen will act as an enabler to integrated, inextricably linked renewable ecosystems and hence can serve a substantial market by 2050.
If you are a highly motivated technical expert in the field of hydrogen supply chain technologies and processes; that is committed to contribute to this vision of Shell, then this role is an opportunity for you to realize this ambition.
Where you fit in
In the Technology organization specifically in the team with wide range of experts over the different areas of hydrogen production, hydrogen transport and hydrogen distribution and retailing. You will report to the Team Lead Gaseous Hydrogen & Ammonia Supply Chain. Emphasis in the Hydrogen Supply Chain is on liquid hydrogen and low carbon ammonia supply chain technologies. Another important element in completing the hydrogen value chain technologies to develop the business case is the role of hydrogen pipelines and the role of large-scale hydrogen storage, to supply end-use markets for hydrogen; such as mobility markets and industrial use of hydrogen and its carriers.
What’s the role?
Note: This is ‘local’ position based either in Amsterdam, The Netherlands or Bangalore, India.
As the H2 Carriers Process Developer, you will play a significant role in creating future energy options for Shell. The role aims to develop options for further scale-up and integration of the low carbon ammonia supply chain. As well as the further validation of existing designs, development of new design or systems and the techno-economic analysis of ammonia supply chain. The role will also require working knowledge on other hydrogen technologies in the value chain to facilitate optimum and close collaboration with other team members.
The role is responsible for overseeing and managing project ideation funnels serving as project lead in the maturation stage.
More specifically, you will:
- Evaluate and develop ammonia supply chain technologies. This may include technologies on ammonia synthesis, Haber-Bosch catalyst, ammonia reconversion, storage and ammonia applications in energy segments etc.,
- Develop process models for various technologies and the integrated system
- Develop economics model for various technologies
- Evaluate various opportunities and support Blue and Green Ammonia supply chain projects
- Early opportunity identification and evaluation: Identify/Assess and Select projects and technologies
- Share knowhow obtained from external collaboration within Shell via reports, presentations and personal communication
- Support project lead and technology program manager with projects and activities
- Represent Shell in selected external bodies and at conferences
What we need from you
It is your experience in the field of hydrogen and ammonia technologies to drive a dynamic R&D environment in the Hydrogen Supply Chain, Storage and Mobility space as well as stakeholders in the conventional and Renewable Energy and Solutions business.
- Chemical Engineer with higher engineering qualification
- Demonstrated commitment to HSSE
- Significant experience in the process design/technology/development in the area of hydrogen and ammonia supply chains
- Ammonia and hydrogen supply chain process knowledge is critical
- Catalyst chemistry knowledge and process modelling, technology evaluation etc.,
- Supply chain experience, economics, opportunity identification and evaluation
- Process modelling and evaluation experience is must have requirement
- Supply chain integration and evaluation experience
- Technology gap identification and closure analysis experience
- Ability to link business drivers to technical understanding and vice versa
- Strong team player whilst also ability to act autonomously
An innovative place to work
There’s never been a more exciting time to work at Shell. Join us and you’ll be adding your talent and imagination to a business with the ambition to shape the future – whether by investing in oil, gas and renewable energy to meet demand, exploring new ways to store energy, or developing technology that helps the world to use energy more efficiently, everyone at Shell does their part.
An inclusive place to work
To power progress, we need to attract and develop the brightest minds and make sure every voice is heard. Here are just some of the ways we are nurturing an inclusive environment – one where you can express your ideas, extend your skills, and reach your potential.
- We’re creating a space where people with disabilities can excel through transparent recruitment process, workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Feel free to let us know about your circumstances when you apply, and we’ll take it from there
- We’re closing the gender gap – whether that’s through action on equal pay or by enabling more women to reach senior roles in engineering and technology
- We’re striving to be a pioneer of an inclusive and diverse workplace, promoting equality for employees regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity
- We consider ourselves a flexible employer and want to support you finding the right balance. We encourage you to discuss this with us in your application
A rewarding place to work
Combine our creative, collaborative environment and global operations with an impressive range of benefits and joining Shell becomes an inspired career choice. We’re huge advocates for career development. We’ll encourage you to try new roles and experience new settings. By pushing people to reach their potential, we frequently help them find skills they never knew they had, or make career moves they never thought possible.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.shell.com.