Spencer Ogden are partnered with a prominent player in the Renewable Energy sector in Australia, specialising in the development, construction, asset management, and maintenance of utility-scale solar and storage solutions. Their portfolio spans a wide range of projects and are rapidly growing their pipeline.
About the role
As the Head of Development, you will lead a team responsible for the development of utility-scale renewable energy projects, including solar and energy storage. Your role will involve managing project performance, identifying growth opportunities, and collaborating with internal and external stakeholders.
- Develop clear project development strategies, goals, plans, and resources to achieve short-term and long-term business objectives.
- Manage project development performance in a safe, timely, and cost-effective manner through internal teams and external partners.
- Identify areas of opportunity for portfolio growth and collaborate with the corporate development team to assess investment opportunities.
- Lead due diligence efforts for projects and investment opportunities.
- Oversee the commercial review and negotiation of contracts, agreements, and risk allocation frameworks.
- Manage development processes, including risk assessment, budget management, and stakeholder engagement.
- Advise on WHSE and stakeholder management strategies throughout the development cycle.
- Support corporate development, construction, and asset management initiatives.
- Assist senior leadership in preparing internal approval materials and board presentations
Qualifications & Skills
- Tertiary qualification in engineering, environment, science, or business-related fields.
- 10+ years of experience in power or renewable energy project development.
- Strong track record in large-scale project development and management within the renewable energy sector.
- Experience in Australian solar and battery projects.
- Excellent project management skills, including managing large teams on concurrent projects.
- Ability to assess and resolve project and contractual risks.
- Solid understanding of the development process for major power projects.
- Strong negotiation and communication skills.
If you are driven by innovation, have a passion for the renewable energy space where your contributions will have a meaningful impact, please apply below or email firstname.lastname@example.org / 03 8376 2816
To apply for this job please visit www.spencer-ogden.com.