Health & Safety Executive
Our Client is a large group of companies, undertaking projects throughout Malta. A Health & Safety Executive is now required to assist the Group H&S Manager, particularly with the production facility in Central Malta.
The purpose of this role will be to consult the Product Plant, implementing and maintaining the company health and safety management systems. In addition to administering the H&S programs, this individual will also inspect plant, equipment and working areas to ensure compliance of safety regulations and standards.
• Monitoring occupational health and safety policy, programs, and procedures for the plant.
• Assisting the company in complying with current health and safety legislation; ensuring that all reasonable measures are taken to protect the safety and health of workers
• Assisting the Group HS&S Manager in development of the organization and individual goals.
• Increasing H&S awareness at all levels within the plant – including distribution of bulletins to support safety behaviour
• Investigating and reporting on any serious personal injury accidents to the appropriate senior management and assisting in the investigation of any incidents that result in substantial damage.
• Investigating and reporting on complaints of hazardous working conditions to, Health safety security manager, Head of Production and / or Head of HR
• Conducting safety inspections as required
• Ensuring Emergency response plan is current and that all the training has been conducted.
• Coordinating with HR to ensure personnel safety training including first aid, competence certification, toolbox talks, accident prevention and investigation, workplace inspections and other matters related to implementing safety procedures
• Ensuring First Responder Team is trained and in place
• Compiling monthly reports indicating the statistics, trends, safety management inspections, regulatory actions to be taken and risk assessment activities to be done
• Monitoring activities of safety preventive maintenance such as signage installation, service and recharge of fire extinguishers, maintenance of first aid boxes, inspection and certification of equipment and machinery
• Making proposals for continuous improvement to mitigate unsafe working conditions
• Possess a qualification in Occupational Health & Safety and / or NEBOSH Certification – industry experience will also be required
• Be in possession of a Police Conduct Certificate and valid driving license
• Demonstrate excellent communication skills
This is a full time position primarily working from Monday to Friday however very occasionally work will be required outside of usual working hours to attend spot checks or any incidents.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a safety conscious, highly respected organisation on Malta.
For full details please contact Ami Baird at [email protected]
To apply for this job please visit www.ablyresources.com.