Heavy Duty Technician Apprentice
Precision Drilling now has an opening at our Nisku location for a Heavy Duty Technician Apprentice. We are looking for someone who is eager for fresh challenges and development toward potential future career growth as our business continues to innovate and grow.
Combined with a competitive remuneration package, you will enjoy the advantages of:
A competitive benefits package including:
- Medical, dental, prescription drug, life insurance, pension match and long-term disability coverage.
- An inclusive work environment where you can expect to enjoy a work-life balance that promotes personal health, well-being, and family life!
The Heavy Duty Technician Apprentice will Inspect, analyze, test, measure, repair and perform full or partial overhauls on any of the assemblies and sub-assemblies of heavy duty Diesel engines.
- Maintenance and inspection of engines and associated equipment including transmissions, drivetrains
- and generators;
- Ability to perform complete overhauls of various CAT and John Deere engine models;
- Installation and alignment of engines and machinery;
- Repairs, defect diagnosis, performance testing and installation of equipment in the shop and at field
- Mechanical, electrical and hydraulic troubleshooting and diagnostics;
- Comply with workplace safety policies and regulations;
- Commitment and cooperation to improve operations, decrease turnaround times and streamline work
- processes to provide quality customer service;
- Maintenance of detailed and accurate reports, time sheets and documentation;
- Maintain a working knowledge of changes in technology and repair techniques; and,
- Other mechanical repair, maintenance and service work as required.
Knowledge & Skills
Familiarity with CAT ET and John Deere Service Provider an asset;
Possess a valid class 5 driver license;
Strong mechanical and problem solving abilities;
Ability to work independently in a busy environment;
Solid interpersonal skills that allow one to work effectively in
a diverse working environment;
Ability to communicate effectively;
Ability to work under pressure while maintaining strong
attention to detail;
Basic computer navigation skills.
Completion of Heavy Equipment Technician (Period 1 through 4)
Minimum 5 years’ experience as Heavy Equipment Technician
To apply for this job please visit jobs.precisiondrilling.com.