Heavy Equipment Technicians are integral members of the Mining team and directly support mine maintenance goals and objectives. In this role, you will collaborate with and work alongside field and shop maintenance crews to ensure that all heavy equipment is optimized and maintained.
Horizon mine maintenance has three distinct areas. You will utilize your heavy duty mechanical experience with computerized and other testing equipment to inspect, troubleshoot, diagnose and repair designated heavy equipment such as our shovel fleet, ultra-size haul truck fleet and support equipment fleet.
- Make recommendations regarding repairs and methods for improvement
- Create, interpret and complete both scheduled and unscheduled work orders and detailed service reports
- Contribute to the ongoing reliability of all heavy equipment and complete preventative maintenance requirements
- Test repaired equipment to verify proper maintenance
- Clean, lubricate and perform other maintenance work on heavy equipment as required
- Job location: Horizon Oil Sands, Fort McMurray, Alberta
- Eligible for relocation pursuant to Canadian Natural’s Relocation Regular Policy
- Company Sponsored Fly-In/Fly-Out and Accommodations Program from Calgary and Edmonton
- This is a safety sensitive position
- Shift schedule: 7 days on, 7 days off – 7 nights on, 7 nights off
- Competitive salary, stock options, stock savings plan and benefits
Skills & Qualifications:
- Typically, 5+ years of related industry experience with a High School Diploma or GED
- Heavy Equipment Technician Journeyman Certificate in Alberta and/or an Interprovincial Red Seal Certificate
- Valid Class 5 driver’s license
- Familiarity with and understanding of:
- Computer based Mine Maintenance Planning Program
- Microsoft Office Suite
Why Canadian Natural?
CANADIAN NATURAL is a senior independent crude oil and natural gas exploration, development and production company based in Calgary, Alberta, Canada. Our strong, diversified asset base is comprised of a balanced portfolio of light, synthetic, and heavy crude oil and natural gas. Canadian Natural operates in Canada, the United Kingdom and Offshore Africa.
At Canadian Natural, we strive to live through our mission statement: “To develop people to work together to create value for the Company’s shareholders by doing it right with fun and integrity.” We are committed to a long-term presence in the communities where we operate. Our activities create value by providing employment, business development opportunities, revenues to governments that contribute to spending on goods and services, and essential resources for public services, including health, safety, education and training.
Over the last 30 years, we have grown from a Company with nine employees to over 10,000 employees. We have increased our production from approximately 400 BOE/d in 1989 to more than one million BOE/d today.
Safety is a core value at Canadian Natural. We conduct all of our operations in a way that identifies, minimizes and mitigates harm to the health and safety of employees, contractors, the public and the environment.
Canadian Natural Resources Ltd – “Canadian Natural” – is a publicly traded company on the TSX and NYSE as CNQ.
To apply for this job please visit cnrl.taleo.net.