Join Our Journey
We are looking for a high-performing, dynamic HR professional to join our HR Business Partnering Team on a permanent basis based in Aberdeen, United Kingdom.
In this position, you’ll report to the Senior HR Business Partner and be instrumental in delivering a credible, people focused, solutions driven service to a diverse portfolio of both off and onshore client groups. Furthermore, you will have the opportunity to be involved in the delivery of a diverse range of organizational initiatives to enhance the employee experience and be instrumental in continued evolution of the function delivering high impact HR to the business.
What we do
Petrofac is a leading international service provider to the energy industry, with a diverse client portfolio including many of the world’s leading energy companies.
We design, build, manage and maintain infrastructure for the energy industries. Our comprehensive and tailored service offering covers each stage of the project life cycle and a variety of commercial models, giving our clients the flexibility, they need.
We recruit, reward, and develop our people based on merit regardless of race, nationality, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, marital status or disability. We value our people and treat everyone who works for or with Petrofac fairly and without discrimination.
Petrofac is striving to develop a diverse and inclusive culture where everyone can contribute. We encourage everyone to apply, especially those individuals who form part of underrepresented groups. Applications are also welcome from candidates who want to discuss flexible working or job-sharing requests.
- Living the ‘Petrofac Values’ and demonstrating them daily.
- Embracing a Business Partnering approach by building strong working relationships and building credibility, through regular communications with senior business leaders to understand and meet on-going/future business requirements, ensuring that HR play a part in the successful achievement of business objectives.
- Fostering a culture of service excellence, acting as role modelling for ‘Petrofac Values’ and behaviours maximising the contribution that HR, makes to the organisation both through own efforts and through supporting developing line management to manage their people.
- Delivering a passionate HR service to our business that is both commercially minded, and customer focused.
- The provision of professional and proactive HR advice and guidance within defined business areas within EPS West in line with Company standards and processes. Working in partnership with business leaders and managers to provide guidance and advice on all HR matters always ensuring relevant legislation is adhered to.
- Leading key change projects and advising client group management on people related risks and ensuring that all areas of change are compliant with relevant legislation. Furthermore, leading and influencing change across areas to support implementation, embedment into and adoption by the business of key change initiatives.
- Leading and resolving complex employee relations issues ensuring that ‘Petrofac Values’ and standards are maintained at all times
- The management of long term and complex absenteeism, including but not limited to medial referral management and the updating of the absence case log.
- The management of end-to-end employee lifecycle activities including, but not limited to, Recruitment, Reward, Performance Management, Talent Management and Succession Planning, Retention, Employee Relations, business planning and forecasting.
- The raising of Helpdesk tickets within the HRIS to facilitate the processing of employee changes. These activities shall include but are not limited to onboarding and leaver processes, assignment, departmental, payroll and other changes to employee’s terms and conditions.
- Supporting client groups in the execution of annual organisation wide activities (e.g., performance development reviews, employee opinion survey and talent management etc.).
- Leading redeployment processes ensuring that the Company guidelines are followed in line with relevant legislation, Company values and behaviours.
- Supporting due diligence, bids and tender activities, transition and TUPE exercises ensuring effective communication and compliance.
- Focusing on behaviours for Diversity & Inclusion by ensuring equality opportunity and fairness in all areas of employment and value the diversity of employees, customers and those living in the communities in which Petrofac has a presence.
- Degree & CIPD qualified
- Strong knowledge of UKCS offshore operations
- Strong knowledge of Employment Law and complex case management.
- Knowledge and application of HR Metrics.
- Working with and coaching and advising managers.
- Building and maintaining strong and effective working relationships across range of contracts.
- Leading and managing complex cases.
- Coaching and mentoring HR professionals.
Ideally you will be educated to degree level, CIPD qualified with excellent communication and organizational skills, a sound understanding of good HR practices, and a demonstrated experience of operating in a complex and fast paced HR environment. In an ideal world, you would meet all our criteria before applying for this position. However, if you believe your values and personal approach align with our Petrofac values and behaviours, have a ‘can do’ attitude and can demonstrate that your experiences would enable you to fulfil the majority of the role key accountabilities we would like to hear from you.
If you are selected as a potential candidate, we will be in touch.
To apply for this job please visit petrofac.referrals.selectminds.com.