ABOUT HESS CORPORATION
Hess is a leading international independent energy company engaged in the exploration and production of crude oil and natural gas.
We have an industry leading position in the Bakken in North Dakota – a key U.S. shale play. Hess is also one of the largest producers in the deepwater Gulf of Mexico and a key natural gas producer and supplier to Peninsular Malaysia and Thailand. The company is engaged in exploration and appraisal activities offshore Guyana, participating in one of the industry’s largest oil discoveries in the past decade, as well as the Gulf of Mexico, Suriname and Nova Scotia.
Hess aims to attract, retain and energize the best people by investing in their professional development and providing them with challenging and rewarding opportunities for personal growth. We are always looking for talented professionals who share our values and are passionate about making a difference in the world and in their careers. We strive to meet the highest standards of corporate citizenship by protecting the health and safety of our employees, safeguarding the environment and creating a long-lasting, positive impact on the communities where we do business.
For more information about Hess Corporation, please visit our website at Hess.com.
Join a dynamic team of fun, hard-working, diverse individuals who support and coach one another towards a shared vision. The HR Associate will be a part of the Analytics and Service Delivery team supporting and collaborating with multiple functions within HR in the design and delivery of a greater employee experience. This role will work under the direction of the Sr Manager.
This position requires an ability to be customer service centric and solution oriented. You will have the opportunity to develop relationships with a variety of people across various levels of the organization. The HR Associate is a collaborative partner for the HR Generalists, HR Specialists, Recruiters and leaders and represents the company in a positive and professional manner. You will prioritize multiple work assignments. All work requires attention to detail, team orientation, customer focus, and a high degree of confidentiality.
Successful applicants for this position must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment.
1. Coordinate and manage meeting logistics and scheduling for the HR team to enable effective meetings for both in person and in hybrid
2. Administer and track payments for HR Purchase Orders and Invoices to third party vendors
3. Is a go-to person for employees and HR teams on benefits, payroll, and company policy inquiries (email, chat, phone and in-person)
4. Accountability and ownership for completing and/or reviewing all employee transactions
5. Support HR programs as needed, such as answering questions and administering the programs to ensure completeness and accuracy
6. Maintain organized records and documentation for HR transactions in accordance with government guidelines and company policy
7. Uses SuccessFactors and other tools to hire, on-board, transfer, promote and separate employees from the company
8. Key contributor to process improvements, in maintaining and updating standard operating procedures for HR processes
9. Other duties as assigned
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Prefer 2 years of experience in an HR environment or other similar work experience
- Strong relationship management skills and able to collaborate effectively across cross-functional team
- Excellent written and verbal communication and networking skills
- Must have experience and proficiency in Microsoft Office products and aptitude to learn Hess HR systems
- Willingness to step in and help as needed
- Ability to follow-up and follow-through
- Must be discreet with access to highly privileged employee data
- Have a strong attention to detail
- Must be able to plan and organize work priorities
- Commitment to continuous improvement
- High degree of initiative & demonstrated ability to work with frequently changing priorities
- Customer service skills
Systems & Applications
- SuccessFactors HRIS, preferred
- Microsoft Suite: including PowerPoint, Excel, Word, Outlook, Teams, Visio
The Hess Way of Working refers to competencies considered absolute pre-requisites for success. How you deliver results is as important as what you achieve. Every employee is expected to demonstrate the behaviors within these competencies to be considered an effective performer and, ultimately, earn career growth opportunities.
- Builds Trusted Relationships
- Develops Talent
- Creates Effective Teams
- Thinks Strategically
- Inspires Innovation
- Demonstrates Courage
- Drives Continuous Improvement
- Makes Quality Decisions
- Delivers High Performance
Hess is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or genetic information. Hess is committed to providing access, equal opportunity and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities. To request reasonable accommodation, click here or send an email to MyHR@Hess.com.
Posting Notes: Lisa B Willet | Employee | Human Resources | United States| Texas | Houston | | | | | No | 26305
To apply for this job please visit jobs.hess.com.