Join Our Journey
Petrofac is currently looking to recruit a HSE Advisor for a 12-month contract to be based in Great Yarmouth Office, UK.
What we do
Petrofac is a leading international service provider to the energy industry, with a diverse client portfolio including many of the world’s leading energy companies.
We design, build, manage and maintain infrastructure for the energy industries. Our comprehensive and tailored service offering covers each stage of the project life cycle and a variety of commercial models, giving our clients the flexibility, they need.
We recruit, reward, and develop our people based on merit regardless of race, nationality, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, marital status or disability. We value our people and treat everyone who works for or with Petrofac fairly and without discrimination.
Petrofac is striving to develop a diverse and inclusive culture where everyone can contribute. We encourage everyone to apply, especially those individuals who form part of underrepresented groups. Applications are also welcome from candidates who want to discuss flexible working or job-sharing requests.
- Act as focal point for contract activities on HSE matters, both onshore and offshore.
- Represent the Company and its HSE management system to Clients and Subcontractors.
- Advise on HSE legislative changes and industry initiatives.
- Co-ordinate the delivery of Petrofac HSE themes, campaigns, and initiatives.
- Prepare HSE reports and statistics for contract / asset for internal and external reporting.
- Identify and review improvements to task procedures and methods of working.
- Review and maintain the contract HSE interface agreement.
- Investigate and review near misses, accidents and incidents.
- Complete regular offshore site visits, monitoring activities and processes, meeting staff and providing briefings.
- Conduct HSE audits.
- Undertake HSE inductions for employees joining the Company.
- Attend and participate in Company and Client HSE meetings.
- Participate in Emergency Response Team (ERT) duty rotas and advise client on ER matters.
- Assist in the development, and ensure implementation of, the annual asset HSE plan.
- Monitor compliance with HSE plans, decommissioning plans, interface documents & asset risk registers.
- Update management system procedures and other legislative documentation.
- Formal qualification in a health or safety related discipline is essential.
- NEBOSH Diploma or equivalent degree-level qualification is desirable.
- IOSH and/or IEMA Membership is preferred.
- Current BOSIET and MIST.
- Good working knowledge of UK HS&E legislation and experience.
- Experience in regulatory liaison and hosting inspections from regulatory agencies, for example HSE and BEIS.
- Previous experience as an HSE Adviser within an offshore operational environment is preferred.
- Inspection and audit experience of accredited (ISO14001 and 45001) Safety & Environmental Management System (SEMS) is preferred.
If you are selected as a potential candidate, we will be in touch.
To apply for this job please visit petrofac.referrals.selectminds.com.