The main function of the HSE Advisor/Specialist will be to provide health and safety support to the Operations, Commissioning and Maintenance Teams.
- Safe Operations Develop and facilitate the development of standards, procedures, and Safe Work Practices and provide in-field coaching and training to operations, maintenance and commissioning personnel on Safe Work Practices
- Provide ongoing coaching and mentoring to improve capabilities and capacity in areas such as Safe Work Permitting, Control of Hazardous Energy, Job Safety Analysis development, Behavior Based Observations and Field Level Hazard Assessments
- Ensure that systems, processes, programs, tools and controls are applied consistently across teams throughout the organization.
- Participate in health and safety planning, development and implementation of processes to achieve organization requirements
- Make recommendations for improvements to procedures and safe work practices.
- Participate in the Pre Startup Safety Review processes.
- Risk Assessment and Management Review, audit and analyze data and provide recommendations to mitigate risk to the organization.
- Participate in all levels of risk analysis and provide coaching ie: JSA development, HAZOP Contribute to the development and implementation of appropriate proactive and leading project safety metrics.
- Emergency Response Participate in all levels of emergency response planning and training, as required.
- Personnel Competency and Training Participate in periodic audits of organizations that provide employees and services Leading, facilitating, or participating in incident investigations for commissioning, maintenance, and operations.
- Assist in the management of workplace injuries and illnesses cases as required.
- Information, Documentation and Effective Communication Developing and distributing relevant safety communications material to Sunrise District operations personnel and the contractors.
- Communicate a clear vision that generates commitment and support from all employees and proactively develop and promote a strong safety culture.
- Contracting Services and Materials Participate in the contractor performance evaluation and ongoing Safety Management system audits and assessments
- Support the transition of new contractors, and liaise with contractors on site to support their success.
- Contribute, as required, to the preparation of monthly and quarterly Sunrise Program and OilSkills: Passion for Safety Excellence
Minimum of 10 years direct field experience in oil and gas
Demonstrated understanding of Octonary
Certificate, diploma in related field CSTS
Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Visio and Power Point
Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Strong ability to work independently.
Strong analytical skills with a sound understanding of root cause analysis
To apply for this job please visit www.airswift.com.