HSE Facilities Specialist
Company: PD Canada LP
Location: Nisku, Alberta, Canada
If you are an experienced HSE Facilities Specialist looking to enjoy a work-life balance, then please read on…
Precision Drilling has an opening for an HSE Facilities Specialist, eager for fresh challenges and development toward potential future career growth as our business continues to innovate and grow.
Working for Precision Drilling means being immersed in a supportive culture that recognizes you as a strategic player in Precision Drilling’s future. We are a large company with a family feel, where you will collaborate with leadership and your colleagues across the organization.
Combined with a competitive remuneration package, you will enjoy the advantages of:
A comprehensive benefits package including:
- Medical, dental, prescription drug, life insurance, Pension match, long-term disability coverage.
- An Inclusive work environment where you can expect to enjoy a work-life balance that promotes personal health, well-being, and family life!
- Personal development to grow your career with us based on your strengths and interests.
- Precision has a competitive vacation and PTO offering including afternoons off before a long weekend.
The Health, Safety, and Environmental (HSE) Facilities Specialist will advise, educate, coach, train, and provide support to operations in the development and execution of health, safety, and environmental management programs. As part of this role, the HSE Facilities Specialist will direct incident investigation programs, develop incident trends, develop programs for improving performance, ensure compliance with all HSE programs, direct a proactive HSE program, and improve the quality of HSE management processes following established regulations, policies, standards, and practices. In our fast-paced and dynamic manufacturing and service environment, you will take on and execute projects of significant importance, scope, and complexity while maintaining support of day-to-day operations.
- Supports the implementation of company-wide facilities HSE programs, including corporate HSE guidelines and standards to reduce or eliminate occupational injuries and illnesses, environmental impacts, and financial losses;
- Conducts facility assessments to identify HSE risks;
- Partners with facility and company leadership to create and implement improvement plans;
- Creates and facilitates inspection requirements and procedures, including a schedule of routine inspections;
- Support corporate HSE to prepare and schedule training to cover emergency procedures, workplace safety, environmental compliance, and other relevant topics;
- Monitors and ensures compliance with HSE standards and regulatory requirements;
- Ensures that material safety data sheets are maintained and readily accessible when needed;
- Supports corporate HSE to ensure all regulatory reporting requirements, permitting processes, and responses to regulatory activities, inspections, and citations are up to date;
- Ensures all required environmental air, water, waste, stormwater activities are scheduled, completed, and properly documented and reported;
- Supports facility incident investigation processes, including root cause analysis, corrective action planning, and tracking corrective action implementation;
- Provides visible and active leadership in delivering excellent safety results;
- Coaches facility leadership to ensure HSE alignment and performance goals are met;
- Implements systems to improve/sustain results in HSE systems;
- Develops, updates, and implements HSE policies as they relate to employee, visitor, trucker, and contractors’ activities while on company property;
- Tracks company’s environmental footprint and leads improvement initiatives;
- Provides oversight of HSE requirements for vendors as well as auditing and monitoring compliance with those requirements;
- Reviews applicable health requirements and implements applicable monitoring and tracking as required;
- Administer, track, monitor the Occupational Health Programs for shops and field operations;
- Up to 50% travel required to facilities in areas of operation; and,
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge & Skills
Ability to implement and maintain HSE program requirements at a facility level.
Excellent knowledge of health, safety, and environmental laws, regulations, and best practices.
Strong leadership and communication skills.
Excellent analytical, interpersonal, and presentation skills.
Ability to communicate complex topics with clarity and to achieve buy in with peers and leadership.
Proficient knowledge of MS Office programs, particularly Excel.
Bachelor’s degree in Environmental Safety, Occupational Safety and Health or related discipline, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Minimum 5+ years of HSE practice, including 2+ years supporting manufacturing or repair/maintenance operations in a fixed facility.
Experience in incident investigations and OSHA reporting.
Experience in project leadership and project management.
Associate Safety Professional (ASP) or similar designation preferred.
Human factors / human performance education or practical experience preferred.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.precisiondrilling.com.