Job Title: Manager – HSE
Location: Head office/ Site
Responsible for: Responsible for overseeing / managing HSE function including resources to ensure project support and compliance assurance that is effective and suitable for Project and business objectives.
Main purpose of role: Responsible for the implementation, communication and coordination of all environmental, health, and safety programs in line with Petrofac and PDO requirements and contribute towards continuous improvement on HSE performance. Ensure and provide scheduled HSE compliance assurance & training service.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES :
- Maintain day to day management of HSE compliance assurance and training programs and assist in their development.
- Review, monitoring of implementation of HSE compliance assurance & training component of the HSEMS.
- Maintain daily working relationship with other HSE team members, line management and subcontractors in relation of their respective compliance assurance & training compliance programs.
- Continually maintain an appropriate level of awareness, knowledge and preparedness across the Division to create a culture that prioritizes effective HSE and balances overall associated costs.
- Review internal HSE policies and practices to ensure they are current and appropriate; conduct hazard and risk assessments and change existing, or develop new recommendations from these assessments.
- Develop and coordinate the delivery of plans to put in place compliance activity where it is otherwise absent or unsatisfactory.
- Review and report the effectiveness of compliance assurance programs of E&C.
- Conduct HSEMS audits, recommend corrective actions and follow through on HSE areas for improvement.
- Contribute to the HSE lessons learned forum and ensure effective communication and implementation of lessons learned and HSE alerts.
- Contribute to the HSE component of the action tracking system.
- Participate in and where necessary lead the investigation of major incidents and high potential near misses
- Provide assistance in HSEMS development and improvement.
- Ensure Corporate Objectives, Policies and Procedures are implemented within designated area.
- Promote opportunities for HSE compliance assurance & improvement within the division.
- Provide regular, reliable reports and data for monitoring HSE compliance assurance performance.
- The above is an outline of key duties and accountabilities, rather than an exclusive or exhaustive list of responsibilities. The post holder is expected to undertake any tasks which may reasonably be expected within the scope of the position. The postholder is expected to adhere to the 9 Lifesaving Rules and the Petrofac Values.
PERSON SPECIFICATION :
Knowledge & Qualifications:
- A Degree in Engineering, Science or HSE
- Minimum of 15-20 years related experience;
- minimum of 10 years’ experience in HSE management with 7 years in Oil and Gas and minimum 5 years in HSE leadership position
Responsible for executing minimum of three similar projects for Oil/water and gas.
Skills & Competencies:
- Mastery over ISO 45001 HSE MS elements requirements such as leadership & commitment, actions to address risks and opportunities, hazard identification, and assessment of risks and opportunities,
Skilled in the following HSE MS elements such as HSE policy, Resources; Consultation and participation of workers; Determination of legal and other requirements; Setting HSE objectives and planning to achieve them; HSE communication and Documented information.
To apply for this job please visit petrofac.referrals.selectminds.com.