Petrofac is a leading international service provider to the energy industry, with a diverse client portfolio including many of the world’s leading energy companies.
We design, build, manage, and maintain infrastructure for our clients. We recruit, reward, and develop our people based on merit regardless of race, nationality, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, marital status, or disability. We value our people and treat everyone who works for or with Petrofac fairly and without discrimination.
The world is re-thinking its energy supply and energy security needs, planning for a phased transition to alternative energy sources. We are here to help our clients meet these evolving energy needs.
This is an exciting time to join us on this journey.
We support flexible working requests and have adopted a hybrid approach for most of our office-based roles. We ask employees to be present in the office at least three days per week.
Are you ready to bring the right energy to Petrofac and help us deliver a better future for everyone?
JOB TITLE: HSE MANAGER – WEST AFRICA
· To support the VP, HSE, in coordinating HSE activities relating to business development and delivery in West Africa.
· Taking part in due diligence scopes to identify people, plant and process risks addressing and good practices to retain
· Managing HSE scopes in asset transitions, engaging and communicating with relevant personnel to ensure HSE is integrated with operational readiness and switchover.
· Revision, development, and implementation of fit-for-purpose HSE systems for managing installations / facilities to address risks to
· Occupational health
· Occupational and process safety
· Journey management and logistics
· Facilitating and supporting environmental programs in liaison with Environmental team
· Facilitating and supporting security programs in liaison with Security team
· Leadership, management, coaching and development of in-country teams / personnel as required on an individual basis.
· Monitoring and assurance of compliance with Petrofac and client systems, through transitions and into operations, including taking part in audits
· Monitoring and assurance of compliance with national codes and laws, through transitions and into operations, including taking part in audits
· Advise on, and set up arrangements for, emergency response (including medical emergency response and pollution response) as required to suit local requirements. This will include being on an emergency call-out Rota
· Advise on and oversee incident investigation and learning and corrective action management for assigned operations.
· Frequent site / country visits as necessary to effectively deliver the duties and accountabilities above.
· The above is an outline of key duties and accountabilities, rather than an exclusive or exhaustive list of responsibilities. The post holder is expected to undertake any tasks which may reasonably be expected within the scope of the position.
· The postholder is expected to adhere to the Lifesaving Rules and the Petrofac Values.
· Development and adhering to CTRs for due diligence and transition.
· No direct accountability but may have single-point responsibility for coordinating cost, time and resource matters relating to regulators’ and specialist HS&E contractors’ activities
· Managing the available expertise and resources to ensure that timely, fit-for-purpose advice and support is delivered to all stakeholders whilst balancing the often-competing demands of the different stakeholders, in the context of a fast-moving operational and projects environment and the need to achieve regulatory compliance and continuous safety improvement, at all times meeting project delivery schedules.
· Applying clear and consistent logic to a variety of technical problem-solving challenges, e.g. risk assessments, root cause analysis, development of HS&E improvement programs.
ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
· Hold a relevant qualification (e.g., NEBOSH Diploma; degree or higher level in safety or risk; Chartered member of relevant Institute) or be working towards same and have at least 5 years’ experience in HSE management relevant to major accident site production operations.
· Experience in senior HSE roles in Oil and Gas or another high hazard industry is essential.
· Experience of implementing HSE systems and programs in West Africa
· Technical knowledge and experience in hazard identification, with detailed knowledge of HSE practices and procedures, Control of Work and emergency response
· Detailed knowledge of process safety
· Detailed knowledge of occupational and industrial health and safety
· Broad understanding of human performance and human factors
· Broad understanding of environmental issues relevant to the industry
· Ability to manage professional staff and work in a team environment.
· Strong presentation and interpersonal skills
· Capable of both effective delegation and hands-on delivery of required work
· Ability to consistently meet deadlines.
· Trained incident investigator and auditor, or demonstrable competence in the subject
· In-depth experience of liaising with clients and workforce
· Experience of liaising with regulators, offshore inspection planning and enforcement action management and close-out
To apply for this job please visit petrofac.referrals.selectminds.com.